Do you share your PC with others?

Man of Honour
Normally it is just me using my PC but in the past flatmates and friends have used my PC(s) which as long as they don't do anything too stupid is fine, I did leave my PC for my parents to use while I was away for a few months in which time they somehow managed to mess up the broadband connection but a simple change of providers(more problems than just that) and I've now left them with a laptop so hopefully no more issues.

Soldato
I share my PC with my Dad and Sister...:( We have two PC's but we only ever use this one since the other one is so slow and crappy (Celeron 800MHz, 4mb video card, you get the picture?).

Associate
I use the pc, wife uses the pc, my 3 1/2 yr old son uses the pc. Monitor is on a shelf so it doesnt get finger prints on. But ive got an old laptop with wireless card that my son uses now.

Robb

Associate
No need, my wife and I have our own. Hers is better than mine now :( Saving for new so mine will be better than hers in a few months :)

Our daughter likes to share our pc's though! She loves the lights, the cd/dvd drive buttons and absolutely adores the on/off button! We both have wireless mice which light up underneath and quite often find them in her dolls pram..sigh!

Soldato
Parents have their own laptop and brother has his own PC so no need really for anyone to use mine.

It's password protected anyway as I have all my bank details etc on it and some of them will no doubt be saved/auto completed on some websites.

If they were desperate to use it for something and their computer was broken they'd be more than welcome to, but I would set them up a guest account rather than let them use mine.

At Uni all of my housemates have their own PCs so the same would apply.

Associate
not fussed about who use's my machine all of my family and friends are pc literate and know what to do, expect for one friend who breaks every single pc he's ever touched and he's banned from going within 15 ft of it

Soldato
My Mum and sister are allowed to use my PC at any time but they'd never install or break anything - it's mainly for games and email so no problems there. I used to let Murf to do whatever he liked to my PC as well because I trusted him. :)

Associate
AJUK said:
No one and I mean no one touches my PC except me, on pain of death. :D
Same here. I have my own PC, and there's one family PC. No reason for anybody else to go near mine. There often seems to be problems with the family pc (many spyware related), but very few with mine.

Associate
When I lived with parents we all had to share a family PC, drove me mad as my bro was a keen gamer aswell and my little sis liked to surf. Whenever somthing went wrong with the machine it was always my fault. So I got my own and have never had any problems with it ever!

They continued to have loads of issues with their one but every so often I'd set it right. Now I've left home it's finally given up, shorting out the motherboard, CPU and all the drives, gawd knows what they did to it but I know it never got a clean since I did it last,,,, ages ago....

Now I live with my girlfriend, we both have a computer each, well actually I've got my Computer and a work Laptop and she's got her own PC (which I built), a laptop and some brick of a shuttle. Since having her own PC for 1 year she's managed to mess it up big time with the only cure being a clean install of windows....

No-one uses my PC ever, I just don't think I could trust it to anyone.

Associate
DanTheMan said:
Anyone in my house can use it whenever they want but luckily they hardly ever do :p. Mates usually use it for pr0n and such when they are round at mine or sleeping over :( .

Yeah, 'your mates' - riiiiiight...

Not too fussed who uses my PC, no one has ever done anything to it that I couldn't easily fix. I think I'm more bothered about what I use when mines' not around, I'm always moaning at my dad for using old noisy SCSI drives and not enough RAM.

Man of Honour
fatiain said:
OMGZ but what about the pr0n spywarez!!!!111111122221221onetwo11111!!!

no one heard of spywareblaster/adaware/spybot :rolleyes:

Covered as best it can be.. You can't not use something because you're afraid of it getting busted..

I'm the only one whos has "admin rights", the other are limited.. Sounds like Little Britain!!
:cool:

Soldato
Mr Huddy said:
Covered as best it can be.. You can't not use something because you're afraid of it getting busted..

I'm the only one whos has "admin rights", the other are limited.. Sounds like Little Britain!!
:cool:
Snap, can't believe how many people are so protective of their machines.

Soldato
Any PC in my house comes under my domain as it is on my network (do you get where this is going?) so therefore my computer, the wifes and my laptop and the sons computer all have admin accounts for me.

Now the wife doesn;t mind and if the son ever complains he is welcom to disconnect from my network and get his own setup + internet connection.

Ha! Ha! See how different things are... :D :p

Back
Top Bottom