1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you steal car parts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by [FnG]magnolia, 9 Feb 2020.

1. [FnG]magnolia

Pancake

Hello centurions, you look B-class dressed as A-class. Tricky to pull off, but so hot!

When facing into financial troubles - because you have a poorly paid job as a result of weakened school experiences and, perhaps, going to the other place if you were lucky enough that father could sell his car to afford one term fee at Ox but never Cam - do you ever steal exactly one number plate and the three valve caps?

Well, do I have an opportunity for you! Just yesterday, when I went out to West Auckland*, not only did I have the privilege of having my back number plate unmolested, I also got to keep a valve cap too!

I called the police because cloned plates can be a massive pain in the hoop, she was chill, told me to go to the VTNZ station, they were chill, got some sweet new plates, less than 20 bucks, and we're back in business.

The confusion we all shared was: why steal one plate? Why only take 3 valve caps? Are they running Del Boy's Reliant Regal van? Did they get interrupted? Did they get bored? Were the valve caps not bling enough and they tapped out?

When you're stealing parts of cars that aren't yours, what factors do you consider?

* I add this for the context it may give to a few posters. 10.30am Saturday morning, in a very public space.

2. mrk

Man of Honour

CARpe diem.

3. Tee Hee Johnson

Mobster

what?

4. [FnG]magnolia

Pancake

When you're stealing parts of cars that aren't yours, what factors do you consider?

e: @mrk bringing the big game, yo :D

5. peterwalkley

Mobster

Only if the seat belts are by Gucci.

6. Tee Hee Johnson

Mobster

Ah I see, thanks.

I don't.

7. hughtrimble

Mobster

This was, as always, lovely to read - a welcome work break.

8. iamdjdz

Mobster

I once had one valve cap stolen, so maybe they got the other three from you.

I also had my front number plate screws stolen but not the actual plate, it was highly unlikely they got disrupted so maybe the ones they had didn't fit. I got a handful of free ones from a dealer though so more fool the thieves.

9. adolf hamster

Soldato

oh yeah, sorry man, needed some dusty's for my motorbike.

10. The_Abyss

Capodecina

The last time I went to Liverpool, someone stole one (the passenger side) windscreen wiper from my car. I didn't notice until around the Midlands somewhere on the return journey, when it began to rain.

11. KoN1ch1wA

Mobster

My mate once had the screw caps on the tyres stolen on his car when the robbers failed horribly at trying to take the wheels off (all captured on CCTV).

I guess they had to take something.......

12. [FnG]magnolia

Pancake

That woudn't match though, would it? These were unglamarous (albeit not black rubber/plastic) ones, probably 5 years old, off-silver due to age, and entirely unstealable. Yet they were :D

Last time this happened to me (front and back) was in Glasgow due to "likely planned criminal activity". Stealing one seems like you just can't be bothered to do it properly.

13. chaparral

Capodecina

Touch wood I never had my car or any of it parts stolen, My father car was stolen many years ago.

I had 2 bicycles stolen and one of my speed boats was stolen and smashed up..

Plus someone once smashed all the windows in one of my cars

14. Malevolence

Capodecina

I had my pride and joy stolen, had spent many years restoring it only for some malignant cancer on society to nick it, crash it and set it ablaze. I wish I knew who did it because, even now many years later, I'd like to get hold of the **** and politely explain the errors of his ways to him.

15. Roar87

Soldato

"Someone stole my rear number plate and I'm not sure why"

or

"HELLO CENTURIONS..."

16. Angilion

Man of Honour

One valve cap for each ear piercing and one for my nipple piercing. It's art, the juxtaposition of the natural and artificial as a deeply meaningful comment on the human condition.

One number plate so I can have different number plates on the front and rear of my car, which is also art. The rear plate symbolises the past me and the front plate symbolises the future me, so they should be different.

17. Yas786

Caporegime

Oh come on lol, compared to some members in here that should be banned, I wouldn’t think Mags at any point should be banned unless he really goes out to get banned.

Mags is harmless, dont like his posts then don’t read them and move along.

18. b00merang69

Perma Banned

Especially rich coming from a new sock puppet account.

19. b00merang69

Perma Banned

That is because I take part here and try and help instead of simply trolling like your posts so take leaf out your own book.

P.S I did not know you were on the Mod team to tell other to shut up and monitoring users posts.

20. The_Abyss

Capodecina

Perhaps they're targeting visitors. The car was in a hotel car park...

When you say the A45 was your last car, was that stolen too?