Do you think this theory is true?

Soldato
I think he's right. This year has been 1/25th of my life, and as such by the end of it contains much less of a proportion of my memories and experiences than say my tenth year did. That was 10% of my entire life. Makes good enough sense to me.

Soldato
Load of rubbish, who the hell can remember when they were 8, let alone 4?

I did sustain quite a few head injuries as a kid admittedly but I can't really see anyone remembering being that young.

Soldato
I was thinking about this the other day at school , people say that each year goes faster then the last one?

So think , when you were 8 that year was a eighth of your life , right?
When you were 4 that year was a quarter of your life?
a eighth is smaller than a quarter so that year must have felt quicker , right?

It may sound stupid too some , but I feel theres some logic about it

You are stupid, shut up and go to the back of the room......go on............move it...

Soldato
The time goes at the same pace, but the amount of experience grows so it seems that all that has gone before happened in a shorter timescale than it did in reality.

It is simply your memory playing tricks on you, more memories mean a shorter perception of the timeframe in which they happened.

LMFAO. You kind of get used to Gaidin knowing everything better than anyone else. But this time he has me laughing my head off. :D

Soldato
How about a really weird idea that as the universe expands, time speeds up. Of course all the atomic clocks would agree as they move with the speeding up of the universe.
So we are sat here none the wiser, thinking we are just imagining it. :D

Soldato
I remember when days lasted forever and a year was unthinkably long, but i think (or rather, chose to believe) that our perception of time is not so much influenced by how old you are as how regular our lives are. Most of us live in schedules, doing much the same thing day in day out. Surely in getting used to this you pay less attention, try less new things and so your perception of how much time has passed will be shorter.

Of course, i think these last 6 months have been the best of my life. When i consider all of the school work (boring stuff) that i've done it seems as if it's just flown by. But when i think about all the things that have made it a good stretch of time i can't even imagine how long it's been.

Commissario
Yes, you're spot on. The older I've got, the faster time seems to fly, the years feel as though they're passing much quicker now.

When I was a kid, it took forever for a year to pass. Now I'm older and I wonder where the time is going, we're already half way through this year and it seems as though it was only a few weeks ago that we had all that snow over Christmas.

Soldato
Load of rubbish, who the hell can remember when they were 8, let alone 4?

I did sustain quite a few head injuries as a kid admittedly but I can't really see anyone remembering being that young.

Wut? How hard were those 'few head injuries'? Did you mean yo mamma hit you with a lump hammer to get you to sleep at night? I have detailed memories of being 8, I can recall quite a lot of being 4. I remember my grandparents taking me out in my stroller to buy fish and chips when I was 2, and I remember toy shopping after surgery when I was just a shade younger than that.

Either I'm the second coming of Einstein, of you hit your head harder than you think, tbh. :p

Oh and yes. Time definitely feels like it speeds up the older you get. It's a well documented 'phenomenon' (for want of a better word).

Back
Top Bottom