• Yes

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Pancake

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
Associate
I might if I had two, when I bought the monitor that was my intention for reading comics and playing pinball. In reality I only did it once or twice soon after purchase and never again.

Soldato
Used to for a few years in two of my previous jobs. Not at home though. Mainly for admin/coding I found it useful, or web browsing. I think now with 4K screens and 1440p with the higher vertical pixel amount, it negates the need for it so much. Also, people dislike the bezels getting in the way of multi monitor setups so ultrawides at 1440p are becoming popular for productivity. The problem seems to be that when you buy a monitor these days you simply have to make a compromise somewhere. You can't buy something good for photo editing, productivity, gaming and movies. OLED is close if you eradicate possible burn/retention issues but they typically are 50 inch plus in size still.

Soldato
Once mainstream monitors became 16:10/16:9 I've always had a secondary in portrait, both at home and at work. Got funny looks at work when setting up one in portrait but it soon clicked for them when I could have a full size a4 sheet on a monitor in portrait and read it without having to scroll.

Man of Honour
I used to have one I could swivel to portrait along side my main monitor but only used it like that for specific things now and again - these days I don't bother.

Associate
Work setup - 27" 4K main screen next to a 24" 1080p screen in portrait mode, laptop screen fitting in underneath the 4k screen, for maximum 3-screen goodness!

Home setup - 32" 4K screen next to a 25 inch 1200p screen.

Soldato
Tried it and felt like my neck wasn't long enough even with a 22 or 24" and generally everything I put on the screen if it wasn't text didn't like it. Great for coding I imagine but for my day to day probably not.

Soldato
OP
Tried it and felt like my neck wasn't long enough even with a 22 or 24" and generally everything I put on the screen if it wasn't text didn't like it. Great for coding I imagine but for my day to day probably not.

Try reading the OCUK forums on a portrait-mode monitor.

Back
Top Bottom