Do you use headphones like grado and senns.

Soldato
Used to have some Grado SR80s which were superb for music, but I wouldn't recommend them for gaming. I sold them with the intention of upgrading to Alessandro MS2i's but haven't got round to it yet. My current headphones are the little Koss Porta Pro which very nearly match the SR80s for a third of the price.

I've owned two of the 5.1 gaming headsets, the Medusas and Zalmans. The Medusas were rather average, the Zalmans just plain poor. That's for gaming too, they were both worse for music.

Soldato
GoRedwings19 said:
How do you find those k701's? While I appreciate their is a lot of info on them at headfi.org. I would be interested in your opinions on them.
I love them. They sound really pure and the "texture" is amazing. No artificial flabby bass either. They're physically very comfortable (nice self adjust) and I listen for long periods without getting worn out. To be honest, I'd prefer them to be coloured black, but it's all about the sound. :D

Associate
OP
wush said:
I love them. They sound really pure and the "texture" is amazing. No artificial flabby bass either. They're physically very comfortable (nice self adjust) and I listen for long periods without getting worn out. To be honest, I'd prefer them to be coloured black, but it's all about the sound. :D

Well the way you describe the 701's is very interesting. I am thinking of upgrading my headphones. The main thing I want is a good soundstage width with a easygoing sound. Not in yer face sound or too laid back.

I would like to use it for games and movies. I have a few headphones but while they maybe do well in maybe music or games or movies i find it's really hard find one that does it exceptionally well in all areas. There is one I have which comes very close but I have lent it to a friend for the time being.

While I frequent headfi.org a bit I don;t go there as often as I use to. My username is the same there as what it is here.

Squiffy>I have a set of Rs-1's. While I like the sound for listening to music I find they not as good in the role of games playing or watching movies.

I find their lack of soundstage width compared to other headphones which might be acceptable for music doesn;t really suit games and movies.

Also the unique tone of the Rs-1's while being I find very good with music puts me off while watching movies or playing games.

Of course YMMV.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom