1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodgey texts

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by Amp34, 2 Oct 2009.

1. Amp34

Caporegime

Recently I've had a couple of dodgey looking texts, one from 249912020066 which consisted of "Video Message! Click:" and then a very dodgey looking link... and the other one from 07788424213 which just consisted of what looks like the end of a URL (unclickable). Anyone else getting these, and any way to stop them?

Apparently the first one (with the link from w478.net) is a dodgey premium video service, the other one I have no idea.

2. agnes

Capodecina

You been using a online texting service? That is probably whats sending them.

ags

3. Amp34

Caporegime

Nope, never. Luckily I've only had two so far but that's how the spam started on my hotmail account, now I get about 4 a day...

4. M0T

Mobster

Bump!

I have been getting a lot of these over the past week, the big issue is that the 'Video Service Message' comes up on my Windows phone like an official message rather than a normal text. Is there any way I can get T-Mobile to block these?

5. Amp34

Caporegime

Hmm, just got one of those the other day, except it was a "Win an iPhone 4" and then a link. Service message on WP though. Very odd considering I haven't really had any dodgy texts since starting this thread.

EDIT: Now on T-Mobile as well

6. Myshra

Mobster

all networks have anti spam running for SMS and if you call up your network you should be given a number to forward the text to, who will then start blocking it.