1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does accoustipak really work?

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by Metalface Mark, 22 Jan 2006.

1. Metalface Mark

Capodecina

I bought a new akasa eclipse case from overclockers last week, and it rattles like a 80 year old woman who has smoked 40 a day for 50 years.

Would accoustipak fix this, the big egg carton style stuff, which i presume would fit with their being enough room inside the case to swing an army of cats.

I am wondering though, if ive missed something im supposed to bolt down putting the pc together, as i ended up with 4 thumb screws sitting beside the case when i put it all back together :confused: If they came out, i presume they should go back in somewhere.

Does anyone else have similar problems with the eclipse, people raved about it, i was expecting something beautiful, its a bit of a red haired stepchild in my eyes, thermally its the best case ive owned, but it has looks only a mother could love.

2. noxidjkram@hotm

Wise Guy

That sounds rather disappointing.

If its as bad as you say (and you care about silence), i'd dig it an early grave and buy a case made for silence.

Look at Antec Sonata and P range.

AcoustiPak does help, but can't perform miracles. It will also cause issues with cooling and sometimes airflow (dependent on case and installation).

M

3. Metalface Mark

Capodecina

I was going to buy the antec but the black one was out of stock when i was ordering. Ive had the Antec Sonata before, it is without doubt the ugliest case ive owned, and ive owned some hummers in my time.

4. Yewen

Capodecina

Its resonating, there is a thread on here about how to solve it, and I doubt AcoustiPak will help out with this.

If you add me to msn I may be able to help with a few small things, but the thread on here had some good info in it :)

5. Metalface Mark

Capodecina

cheers yewen, ive done a search and found it, it seems a trip to woolworths for some knicker elastic is in order tomorrow :D

6. Yewen

Capodecina

Have fun :D

Its the way of sorting it, although it sounds like youve gotten a slightly cursed case!

7. KizZ

Soldato

:(

8. Yewen

Capodecina

Why the long face KizZ, aint as bad as my satanic 201b!

9. Metalface Mark

Capodecina

I did have a cursed case actually, it was an antec p120 or something like that. I blew up a motherboard in it, smoke started coming out, tried a different psu with it previous to that and it blew up.

I had to throw it away after that, it was truly cursed.

10. Yewen

Capodecina

Ahhh my 201b just has a habbit of buyers pulling out of it, well people showing interest then not wanting it, its terrible!

11. ACPCUP

PermaBanned

Be careful that the temps don't increase as you put sound dampening material in the case. Try other solutions mate.

12. ACPCUP

PermaBanned

Why is that then!?

13. Metalface Mark

Capodecina

I think ill change it for the antec P150 case, it seems a decent bet for low noise.

14. Yewen

Capodecina

Because my asking price was too low :rolleyes:

It actually was, lot more interest now it is £10 more expensive :D

15. ACPCUP

PermaBanned

Hard to believe? Is your case in the for sale section?

16. Yewen

Capodecina

Not yet, unless the current sale +4 interested fall through :)

People thought the case was in a lot worse nick than it was with my super low asking, should shift it now.