Does anyone else find Firefox a bit laggy on Linux on some websites?

Soldato
On some websites which have a lot of images or those annoying background videos (Pinterest is a prime example), I find that Firefox becomes very laggy when trying to scroll through the page. Is this just a problem with my configuration or has anyone else noticed this problem? I'm using Firefox 78.1.0 ESR on OpenSUSE LEAP 15.2 with an Nvidia 1080Ti GPU and the proprietary drivers installed, and all updates installed. It is almost like hardware acceleration is not enabled in Firefox. I never had this problem with Chrome.

Any help is appreciated.

Associate
I can't say I'm finding the same thing.

Firefox 68.12.0 ESR on Debian 10 with a Vega 64 and open source drivers so my system is a lot different to yours. Probably not much help to you.

Soldato
OP
Just in-case anyone else is having this issue, or they really want to speed up Firefox scrolling, and general responsiveness then make sure gfx.webrender.all is set to True in about:config and Firefox will feel like a whole new browser. It is silky smooth now and works like a charm on all the sites I was having issues with before.

Back
Top Bottom