Does anyone else notice this...

Soldato
It's where suddenly everything about me and my surroundings feels heavier and thicker. Your lip feels an inch thick if you bite it, and your fingers feel like the size and squishiness of sausages. But if you sit up or switch a light on, everything is normal again.

Anyone else? It can't just be me.

I sort of get that, although its not quite the same and almost impossible to even describe. If I push the ends of my finger and thumb together, the feel like they are absolutely massive and hard, like two huge rounded metal or wooden objects pushing against each other. That's about as good as I can describe it!

I also used to get the 'objects looking further away than they' are thing as a child, which was sort of exaggerated by the fact that I was in a small bedroom.

Soldato
Surprised no one mentioned putting op down before it spreads!

Judging by how many have it in this thread, looks like it's already too late! :eek:

There's two more weird ones id like to know if others have, one is where if i imagine putting my face up close to rocky or sharp surfaces i sometimes get a kind of headache around my eyes and forehead for as long as i think about it, though i won't get it if i forgot it can happen.

Another is when i was young i could induce the feelings you get in the onset of sleep paralysis, energy vibrations etc, can't remember how i did it now but it would be interesting to try as its really intense!

Don't tell me im the only one with this weirdness!? :confused:

Don
I've had the strange sense that things were much bigger than normal, only rarely happens if i kind of zone out long enough while watching tv or something.

I've had this about 10 times, it's feels like having a 2x zoom filter on your eyes. I notice really fine details in people's facial features

When I asked my gf is she'd ever had it, she just looked at me weirdly :D

I have no idea how to induce it, but it's happened about 5 times when it was just me and my dad in the room

Soldato
I get this - it's really weird.

I also find that sometimes while I get this sensation that the TV and wall appears to be further away then usual.
This used to happen to me when I was younger, the TV or whatever would appear to be a long way away and my fingers would feel really thin and spindly like twiglets, hasn't happened to me for many many years though.

Associate
Maybe were being abducted by aliens..... :p

....Of course i'm kidding,

When i was a child maybe 11 and before i remember this feeling and in fact happened a few more times in my life. the feeling of things much smaller or larger then you expect, almost like your eyes are getting further away from a lenses effect, but also like your sinking if your laying down.

I do wonder if there's a medical term for this or its never been brought up as a medical illness or studied by neurologists. but im sure it would have been some way.

Some things that could explain by my thoughts are state of meditation, like a state of mind were your aware of your surroundings, But your deeply relaxed so your lenses and brain relaxes causing you to think your sinking/things are getting smaller and you feel strange??

maybe part of space...time..dimensions?:D

Soldato
I used to get that quite a lot as a kid actually, sometimes going between shrinking/falling and suddenly growing massive. I don't think I ever felt like individual parts of my body getting bigger or smaller, just me in proportion to the rest of the room. Very odd sensation and i'd completely forgotten about it until this thread.

Could be the creative side of your brain taking over for a bit, you description sounds similar to some of the stuff in this ted talk:

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight.html

Mat

Mat

Soldato
I was just about to post about that perspective thing. Used to get it a lot as a kidd too; one time I'd feel like a giant and the next, incredibly small.

I completely forgot about it until a year or so ago when I experienced it again.

Yep I've experienced that since I was young too. It used to happen a lot more when I was younger, when I was tired, but can happen at any time during the day now. It's dead freaky but I sort of enjoy it in a wierd way...

Soldato
Happens to me sometimes too. Usually, when I get it, I'm holding a PS3 controller, and the handles on it feel like they're shrinking. I've tricked myself by thinking I was holding a PS1 controller, sometimes, but then they carry on shrinking to twig size until I actually look at them.

Soldato
When i was younger i used to get the following two things.

-Items in the room look further away and i feel like i'm shrinking.
-When you're awake, but you can't open your eyes or move your body. [Not sleep paralysis, i don't get the weird stories of demons, weird noises or ghosts, just basically i can feel myself try to move my body, but i fail.]

Never experienced these two ever again since i was about 9 years old.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom