1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone know for sure what month GT300 is out?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by littlepuppy, 20 Oct 2009.

1. littlepuppy

Mobster

Interested to know! Sry if this has been discussed in another thread but is buried deep within!

2. reflux

Capodecina

No. Could be end of next month, could be middle of Q1.

3. HeX

Capodecina

Rumour is that nVidia will show something before the end of the year, but won't be in the shops until mid/late Q1'10.

4. ejr22

Hitman

I know but I'm not telling.

5. unknownsock

Wise Guy

The Gt300 is a myth.

6. SfnX

Wise Guy

nvidia are like valve, next week = next month, end of q4 = end of next year

7. Greebo

Caporegime

The day after you bite the bullet and are fed up waiting and buy a 5870/5870x2 instead.

Or about week after one of the dons starts a thread saying we have a delivery of something but can't tell you what.

8. Rroff

Man of Honour

Paper Launch November 2009
    Hard Launch March 2010

Is about as accurate as your going to get atm... and it could still be delayed if anything unexpected holds it up or earlier if better than projected progress is made.

9. madindehead

Mobster

I think the mainstream cards are estimated for March 2010. I expect we will see a high end part before then.

10. Greebo

Caporegime

I thought it was highend by March with the mainstream being several months behind that date?

11. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Knowing the month won't tell you anything, its the year you want. :p

12. madindehead

Mobster

That is far too late for Nvidia.

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15954/34/

13. Rroff

Man of Honour

Unless they purposely do a spin of cards with a cut down spec nVidia is going to take a massive hit from performance/mainstream cards as usually these would be the cards made on the high end process that are fully functional but don't make the grade for high end and need some SPs disabled, etc.

14. Yamahahahahaha

Mobster

Not before Christmas, most importantly.

15. Axil

Hitman

Well let's be honest NV have already missed the two usual big Hardware selling events of this year Release of new O/S and the usual Back to School season. If they release anything this year I'll be amazed as they've usually crowed about new GPUs and shown of finished products month before retail but they still surprise

16. straxusii

Mobster

Christ if it's Q1 2010 then you might even see ATI do a paper launch of 5890 around the same time :D

What makes me think it is a way off is I havent seen a whiff of fermi news around since the fake card debacle and that is unusual for a card that would be just around the corner

17. TAC4U

Hitman

It has been pretty quiet. I'm sure they're trying to find a way to mount a surprise comeback but with yields reportedly so low I think it's more likely they'll mount an offensive based upon PhysX, 3D Vision and CUDA. Either way ATi has scored a huge victory by releasing before Win7 and by scoring a deal with Dell - if they get their 5870x2 cards out soon then it's pretty much a walk in the park for them, as they'll have enough time to work on the 5890 to coincide with Fermi.

Still, nVidia isn't one to take things lying down. I'm sure we'll see something interesting from them.

18. drew64

Hitman

one of the first well thought out, non bias posts on the matter :)

19. karl01

Gangster

do you think it will be worth the wait?

20. Randell

Hitman

depends. As we know nothing about price or perfromance how can we tell? If your current card is struggling in games you are currently playing, then a 5850 would be a nice, non-expensive upgrade to DX11. If it's not then wait and see.