Does anyone remember...

Associate
I checked the thread - Zefan suspended him for, as it seems, going after Dabbles a bit. Seems Dabbles riled him, and Zefan said Castiel had searched for Dabbles' posts, in a bid to find him in threads and argue with him. He initially got a two-day suspension.

That's the gist, anyway, apologies to anyone concerned if my summary is less than accurate. (I feel like I need Egyptian headgear just talking about this! Maybe bread rolls and cling film)

Next thing was - someone noticed Castiel was perma-banned. I think there must've been an offline exchange, probably between him and Zefan, which went down like a fart in a space suit :)

To quote Futurama - "I don't regret this. But I both rue and lament it."

Soldato
That's the gist, anyway, apologies to anyone concerned if my summary is less than accurate. (I feel like I need Egyptian headgear just talking about this! Maybe bread rolls and cling film)

:D:D:D

I checked the thread - Zefan suspended him for, as it seems, going after Dabbles a bit. Seems Dabbles riled him, and Zefan said Castiel had searched for Dabbles' posts, in a bid to find him in threads and argue with him. He initially got a two-day suspension.

Next thing was - someone noticed Castiel was perma-banned. I think there must've been an offline exchange, probably between him and Zefan, which went down like a fart in a space suit :)

To quote Futurama - "I don't regret this. But I both rue and lament it."

Yeah I noticed this aswell. Maybe it was offline exchange that resulted in castiel getting banned.
Surely Zefan must have discussed this with other dons aswell and this may well have gone to Spie aswell with final decision resting with him.

This is just what I think and I hope I don't get suspended for discussing this post :eek::(.

Permabanned
Agreed. Makes you wonder why mod teams get rid of such people. Most forums would kill to have posters as intelligent and active as him.
I don't really know the people in question, but I've seen (lesser) forums die when just one single popular poster leaves. There is a lot to be said for people who can keep banging out posts day after day.
I'm certainly not saying it applies here, but on some forums I've seen a single mods ego run unchecked and just pee off the wrong people, again a forum dies as a result. Subtle changes in a group can have a really big effect on whether people want to keep coming back every day.

Permabanned
Hi.

My ban has been lifted. I would like to thank everyone for the support and also the moderation team for accepting my apology and allowing me to return.

I'd like to say that it was my own foolishness and not knowing when to quit that caused the ban and in no way was the Don involved at fault.

To Ahlecks and Aardvark, I will try to be less arrogant towards you in future, just give me a nudge now and then.

Anyway I would like to put the whole thing in the past now and move on. Again thanks.

Soldato
Hi.

My ban has been lifted. I would like to thank everyone for the support and also the moderation team for accepting my apology and allowing me to return.

I'd like to say that it was my own foolishness and not knowing when to quit that caused the ban and in no way was the Don involved at fault.

To Ahlecks and Aardvark, I will try to be less arrogant towards you in future, just give me a nudge now and then.

Anyway I would like to put the whole thing in the past now and move on. Again thanks.

Welcome back. :)

Commissario
Hi.

Well said.:)

Welcome back Castiel.

Soldato
Hi.

doh! ocuk faux pas :D

Man of Honour
Hi.

Welcome back chief! :D

Soldato
Hi.

Who are you? ;)
Welcome back!

Soldato
Hi.

HE LIVES! A little early though Sir, you're supposed to wait until Easter Sunday...

Edit: If Castiel's any good, he can get rid of the perma like us cool people. :p
Er.... about that...... :D

Associate
Hi.

Common Sense Has Prevailed, Welcome back:)

Back
Top Bottom