Does anyone vote BNP if so why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
slime i read it first time right.Your telling him to keep it to himself in a thread like this...........................:rolleyes: keep to yourself , i was stating it , if you don't like then fine :)

Commissario
people calm down

m'kay

i very much doubt if i'll ever vote for the BNP, simply because i don't think they have a clue, and i don't agree with some (a lot) of their policies.

I wont even use them for a "protest" vote, i'd prefer to give my vote in such cases to either a local issue candiate (such as one protesting about something in particular), or one of the other main parties who have views closer to my own.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Matthew-1985
This is a free country and the BNP are just as much a real party as anyone else so why is it wrong to vote for them.

What is that would make you vote for them? The fact you get attention in GD for saying you would, or is there actually a genuine political reason?

Permabanned
I may well vote BNP if I get the chance. The reason would be to send a message to the government and the other two main parties that their policies on asylum seekers are too soft and enough is enough.

I am not racist and do not support all the BNP's policies, but it seems a vote for them is the only way any of the main parties takes any notice of the electorate's wishes.

Flame away.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by iam
trolls.jpg

Perhaps? :)

Certainly trying to be. Unsuccessfully

Man of Honour
Originally posted by dirtydog
I may well vote BNP if I get the chance. The reason would be to send a message to the government and the other two main parties that their policies on asylum seekers are too soft and enough is enough.

Perhaps, but the thought of them getting into power is frankly unbearable.

Man of Honour

I am not racist and do not support all the BNP's policies, but it seems a vote for them is the only way any of the main parties takes any notice of the electorate's wishes.

Flame away.

Certainly hope not everyone in the country feels that way.

Soldato
Flame away.
Roger that :eek::p

What will you do then when BNP councillors are elected [due to numerous 'protest' votes] and coloured people in your area are then persecuted by racists believing they've local government and electorate, support? Is your "protest" worth the consequences?

Permabanned
Originally posted by silverpaw
Roger that :eek::p

What will you do then when BNP councillors are elected [due to numerous 'protest' votes] and coloured people in your area are then persecuted by racists believing they've local government and electorate, support? Is your "protest" worth the consequences?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the BNP's policies are no longer overtly racist.. is that correct? I'm not overly familiar with their policies as I would vote for them to make a statement on the asylum/immigration issue, rather than to explicity endorse their party. But I think I'm right in saying that although there are obviously many racists in the party, their policies are not.

Anyway, if they adopted racist policies when in power, it would be illegal.

Also there are racists in all parties.. I have met at least two Conservative ex-councillors who were EXTREMELY racist, and unashamedly so.

Soldato
Their policies being racist or not doesn't prevent people taking the BNP as a racist party. My thinking they're racist and not voting for them wouldn't cause violence or witch hunts, a racist on the other hand might very well take BNP power as a free pass to wreak havoc.

Permabanned
Their policies being racist or not doesn't prevent people taking the BNP as a racist party. My thinking they're racist and not voting for them wouldn't cause violence or witch hunts, a racist on the other hand might very well take BNP power as a free pass to wreak havoc.

Perhaps - but it could also be argued that the policies of the current government are more likely to have that effect. There have been many attacks on asylum seekers, or even on people who 'look foreign' who have been (falsely) presumed by their attackers to be asylum seekers.

Soldato
Most of it is utterly laughable and unworkable. We'd all like a perfect health service, public transport, the best military in the world, zero unemployment, great care for the elderly, great education... They fail to say anything constructive on that page.

Soldato
Originally posted by Kanes
or maybe he has used his head and made a decision that he supports the BNP policies.

As for scum, is it really necessary to resort to name calling because a aprty has differing views?

maybe :eek: there are some right wing people that don't spend all day worshipping the grand wizard, maybe they lead ordinary lives and don't mention their views for fear of the automatic "you racist scum!" claims

They are racist scum though, just because they are free to air their voice doesn't mean they are not racist. The fact is that in this case they are a racist party. If they were in power do you really think there would be a cut down in crime? All the racist yobs will come out of their shell from all this new brought authority and there would be total havoc.

matt how about you commit to a serious debate instead of trying to seek attention, yet again.

Permabanned
Most of it is utterly laughable and unworkable. We'd all like a perfect health service, public transport, the best military in the world, zero unemployment, great care for the elderly, great education... They fail to say anything constructive on that page.

Labour / the Tories have done so well in those areas, in contrast :D

Anyway of course they are not a serious party in the sense they could win real power.. but I think a vote for them is the only way to protest against Labour which will register.

Soldato
Originally posted by gurdas
matt how about you commit to a serious debate instead of trying to seek attention, yet again.

This is not a debate this was a guy asking why people vite for BNP.

I agree with their policies which means they get my vote. There is no debate.

If you want hot serious debating action go to speakers corner.

Soldato
Indeed it is his choice, i was merely asking if he knew what they were all about - he does have a habit of saying stupid immature things just for effect.

Do you even know what they stand for, or where you just fishing for a reaction?

Thats not the point. You said you would votre for them looking for a reaction, and then conceded that you wouldn't actually vote

Personally I would never vote for them, I'd rather a real party adjusted it's stance on immigration and asylum.

Soldato
Originally posted by Matthew-1985
This is not a debate this was a guy asking why people vite for BNP.

I agree with their policies which means they get my vote. There is no debate.

If you want hot serious debating action go to speakers corner.

Then why did you say you will not end up voting for them, and then go back and say you would consider voting for them:confused:

Is it that hard a decision that you need to change your mind 2-3 times during 15 minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom