Does anyone vote BNP if so why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
we are in a good mood aren't we

what other reaons are their for voting for a party besides a protest vote or agreeing with their policies. Maybe being the party which represents the majority of your opinions, what kind of question was that?

i feel this thread is once again being jumped on by the PC mob, as soon as people admit to voting for them it's immediately "you realise you're voting in racist scum" etc. I would hope that people have made an informed decision as to which party to cast their vote. It is their right as a citizen to do so, it is also their right to not be judged because of it.

Soldato
yeah great 'unemployment' is down.. now 1 in 4 of us work for the govt..

its like having people dig holes and then fill them back up.. they create no wealth at all..

Soldato
Um, calling people scum for having certain beliefs is unacceptible, yet calling others PC for having their own view is?

I don't give a crap about political correctness, I have my opinions and beliefs. One of those is that a party whose foundation is racism, is unacceptible. I believe the BNP have some rich backing and they've employed some impressive moguls to give them a friendly face. Those who have found seats, such as in Burnley, have been exposed as racists:
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/Print/0,3858,4459976,00.html

BNP councillor refuses to back anti-racism motion
David Ward
Friday July 12, 2002
The Guardian

One of the three British National party councillors in Burnley, Lancashire, refused to back a stand against racism.

A motion last night congratulating Burnley FC for banning fans involved in racial chanting and proclaiming that there was no room for racism in the town was proposed by the controlling Labour group at the council's first full meeting after the May elections.

Thirty-seven councillors supported the motion but the BNP's Carol Hughes abstained. The party's two other councillors - including group leader David Edwards - were not present. The motion, framed by councillors shocked by the BNP's ability to pull in 10,000 votes, was intended to flush out the BNP trio and make explicit the party's racist policies.

"It was a clear resolution - you had to be either for it or against it," said council leader Stuart Caddy. "This was the first chance the BNP have had to make their views known in the council and they chose to abstain."

Burnley's BNP spokesman Simon Bennett denounced the vote as a "theatrical stunt" staged as a result of pressure from Labour's national leadership. "This was a put-up motion and that's why Carol decided to abstain. She knew it was a trap and she wasn't going to fall into it.

"She could not vote for it in that form because it did not look at issues such as funding and allocation of school places.

"Labour leaders had no genuine motives regarding race harmony. They just wanted to embarrass the BNP. Councillor Caddy has brought Burnley back into the spotlight for all the wrong reasons."

Guardian Unlimited © Guardian Newspapers Limited 2002
Originally posted by r1cko
yeah great 'unemployment' is down.. now 1 in 4 of us work for the govt..

its like having people dig holes and then fill them back up.. they create no wealth at all...
Creating wealth and having people sponging for a living are totally different things. Your figures are just plain wrong anyway, public sector employment has reduced since Labour came to power, private sector employment has increased. Source: http://www.statistics.gov.uk/articles/economic_trends/ET_June02_Hardwidge.pdf

Soldato
Originally posted by silverpaw
Um, calling people scum for having certain beliefs is unacceptible, yet calling others PC for having their own view is?

Well said. I don't understand that either kanes, you have called me PC because I aired my opinion which had nothing to do with political correctness yet you still saw it fit to group me into the PC brigade. To be honest I don't care much for pc. Even though I might be an ethnic minority:rolleyes:

Associate
Originally posted by gurdas
Well said. I don't understand that either kanes, you have called me PC because I aired my opinion which had nothing to do with political correctness yet you still saw it fit to group me into the PC brigade. To be honest I don't care much for pc. Even though I might be an ethnic minority:rolleyes:

ok, you agree to stop calling "racism" on everyone who has a negative opinion on people who fall into a different religion, colour, nationality. And i'll stop calling you PC for complaining about it

iam

iam

Permabanned
Originally posted by gurdas

I do hope your joking - your one of my top ten PC'ers :p :D

;)

Custor

C

Custor

Originally posted by Kanes
ok, you agree to stop calling "racism" on everyone who has a negative opinion on people who fall into a different religion, colour, nationality. And i'll stop calling you PC for complaining about it

Well you'll have to enter a new definitition of 'racist' then, if a racist isn't someone who has a negative opinion due to religion colour or nationality.

Permabanned
Originally posted by Custor
Well you'll have to enter a new definitition of 'racist' then, if a racist isn't someone who has a negative opinion due to religion colour or nationality.

Racism is about race.. not nationality or religion.

Hence, having blonde hair and blue eyes I am the same race as those French, German, Danish and so on who share my ancestry. We are the same race. Nationality has nothing to do with it.

iam

iam

Permabanned
Originally posted by dirtydog
Racism is about race.. not nationality or religion.

Hence, having blonde hair and blue eyes I am the same race as those French, German, Danish and so on who share my ancestry. We are the same race. Nationality has nothing to do with it.

Thats completely wrong.

Racism = Discrimination against a person or group because of their religion or nationality.

Permabanned
Originally posted by dirtydog
I beg to differ. Racism is about .. funnily enough.. race.

race1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rs)
n.
A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
A genealogical line; a lineage.
Humans considered as a group.

Permabanned
Originally posted by iam
What so it has nothing to do with religion or nationality?

I killed a French person because he was French - thats not racist?

race
a group of people of common ancestry, distinguished from others by physical characteristics, such as hair type, colour of eyes and skin, stature, etc.
Principal races are Caucasoid, Mongoloid, and Negroid.

racism
1. the belief that races have distinctive cultural characteristics determined by hereditary factors and that this endows some races with an intrinsic superiority over others.
2. abusive or aggressive behaviour towards members of another race on the basis of such a belief.

http://wordreference.com/english/definition.asp?en=race

http://www.wordreference.com/English/definition.asp?en=racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom