Does this fit LGA 1151?

Associate
I just got one of these and I have an Asus Sabretooth Z170S mobo. When i mount the backplate and screw in the standoffs the backplate is a little loose, is this normal? I have heard that it is due to some mobos having thinner board thickness because the plastic mounting points are about 2mm above the board. I am a bit worried as this is the first time I have ever used any watercooling and it just doesnt seem right for it to be loose.

Some say that it will sort itself when the block is screwed down and others have 'fixed' the issue with plastic/rubber washers to close the 2mm gap. I just dont want to kill my new processor or mobo.

Any advice will be appreciated.

cheers

:)

Associate
I just got one of these and I have an Asus Sabretooth Z170S mobo. When i mount the backplate and screw in the standoffs the backplate is a little loose, is this normal? I have heard that it is due to some mobos having thinner board thickness because the plastic mounting points are about 2mm above the board. I am a bit worried as this is the first time I have ever used any watercooling and it just doesnt seem right for it to be loose.

Some say that it will sort itself when the block is screwed down and others have 'fixed' the issue with plastic/rubber washers to close the 2mm gap. I just dont want to kill my new processor or mobo.

Any advice will be appreciated.

cheers

:)

I had the same issue with my old H80i and gigabyte z97 board I fitted rubber washers to the rear of the board.

you could trial fit it and see if there is any movement once its all mounted. I did this with mine and there was a little movement hence the rubber washers.

Back
Top Bottom