Dog acting strangely

Soldato
Sorry to hear that.

We had to have our 7 year old golden retriever put down a few months ago, as he got cancer. It's not a nice decision to make, but at least you can give them that last bit of help they need. :(

Nice touch to have her buried in the garden. :)

Nix

Nix

Soldato
:(

It's sad when any member of the family dies and pets are just as much a member of the family. My dog is like a brother to me, he's been around as long as I can remember - since I was 4!

R.I.P.

Soldato
sorry it had to end like that, my dogs 14 atm and shes not showing her age at all, makes me worryed that it will happen all of a sudden.

Caporegime
masterk said:
I thought i should let you know, we took her down the Vets this morning, her legs started giving way and she seemed to be having trouble knowing where she was going.

The Vet thought it could be Diabetes or Kidney Failure, but the Vet thought it was probably Kidney Failure, it was only fair to have her put to sleep, my parents made the decision.

She is back home now and going to be buried in the garden this afternoon. She was nearly 12 years old.

Many thanks to all of you for your kind help and replies.

Sorry to hear that mate, i know some ppl say they are only pets, but they are part of the family, i was devestated when i lost my cat through old age couple of years ago, my condolences to you and your family. :(

Soldato
Sorry to hear that mate. You did the right thing putting her to sleep. It broke my heart loosing the dogs I have so far but as long as you gave her a good life then that's the main thing.

As for what was wrong with her, I was going to suggest cancer. My first dog developed cancer, we knew he had it and he was getting chemo tablets but it spread throughout his body and eventually went into his stomach, he'd eat everything in sight, drink loads and then be sick. In the last day he wouldn't lie down because his stomach was too sore so he walked around the house. We got him put to sleep then because we knew it was time.

Soldato
I love dogs. They're awesome animals and so much fun!

:( Sorry to hear about the outcome to this thread. It really is upsetting when it happens to a member of the family.

Associate
I've never has a dog but my cat died recently. She kept having fits and walking into stuff. One day we came home to find her lying dead in her basket. She looked confortable tho.

Sorry for the loss mate

Back
Top Bottom