doing my nut in!! help ?

Soldato
He's already tried different ram, and if it was a ram problem i'd expect the problem to be more random...
Still, it wouldn't hurt to run memtest on it.

If all else fails, try a fresh copy of windows, but we'll see if we can solve it without first.

Soldato
OP
Nix said:
Is your RAM stable?

RAM is doing 8mhz of stock with 2.8V going through it altho i havnt used memtest and it has been running in friends almost identical set up for months with out problem and see above.

how long does memtest take to run, is it an overnight jobby ?

Associate
Strange.

Try Memtest. I've done a bit of googling and found a few things, one of them being this
goto
control panel>
system>
advanced tab>
startup and recovery - settings>
under the title - system failure
untick - automatically restart

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;320299

now when it crashes - it willnot restart and the blue screen should stay on the screen
post the info on the screen
it will give the errorcodes and a filename, if caused by a driver.

I saw this on another forum and could also be worth a try

My computer did not crash but I found the source of the error code.

For me it is caused by MSN Messenger when it is configured to load on startup but not automatically connect to the internet.

If I configure it to not load on start up , no error message.
If I then manually start Messenger, no error message.
If I configure it to load on start up and connect automatically, no error message.

But, if I configure it to load on start up but not connect automatically, I get the error message

"The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 8007043C from line 44 of d:\nt\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cp p"

I hope this was of some help.

Not sure if any of this will be of any help but it may be worth a try.

Soldato
OP
just happened again with same message

again5wh.jpg

the untick auto restart isnt the case as that is already done but i wll cross check the codes now

Associate
have a look here. again seems to be pointing to MSN. Do you have it running when your system starts? May be worth removing it from startup if you do to rule it out if nothing else.

Soldato
OP
well i have turned msn's autostart off so ill see if it helps, thanks guys.

any more ideas or finds keep them coming :)

found something relating to nvidia drivers so will update my card drivers soon also

Associate
aye Ive had really nasty problems from fresh installs of windows - not wanting to put a dampener on you but relly, windows does what it wants, uinfortunately :(

Associate
Hi, sounds to me like it could be a dying HDD. Try running a diagnostic program from the makers, IE if it is Maxtor then use Powermax from there website and burn to a disc, as it sounds like a bad HD. Do you hear any unusal noises from the HDD when activity occurs.

Also MSN won't be the problem, as the only reason you are not getting the error now, is cause probably MSn want to connect before it has fully loaded and this is causing the error in event log.

Also, if you look at event viewer and the chat log, the error and the resuming chat session, it is only 5 seconds between the 2, so unlike the machine shut down, restart, load back into windows, re-connect to the net and connects to MSN in 5 secs.

Check the HDD out and see what that brings back as maxtor drives can be problem-matic sometime. I just had to change a 6 month old 200 Gb Maxtor as it was clunking away and lagging.

Back
Top Bottom