doing my nut in!! help ?

Associate
Dreadi said:
fresh install will be a major pain in the arse and i will go to the maxtor site and get the utilty now.

Indeed, we all know it is a pain, but isn't your actual problem more of a pain? It sounds like a software conflict to me, and the only way to rule that out is a fresh install. :)

Associate
the way you worded your OP was tghat it was a fault that has come up aftera long while of good stability....

is this prblem on a new PC or a veteran install?

if the latter then a format and re-install will more than likely sort the problem

Associate
Dreadi said:
aye i know but surely if its a conflict, if i just reinstall everything the conflict will re-appear

I can tell you're really dreading the reinstall (don't we all) but I think you're at the stage where you need to rule it out of the equation. Do you use Windows Update? It might be a recent update causing a conflict.

Soldato
OP
not really deading it just im not gonna be around from tomorrow for a few days and like to leave the machine on to u/l and d/l.

only updates i get is the ones that pop up in the taskbar

Soldato
OP
both drives have passed quick tests and am currently running full tests altho one isnt said to be at full according to smart on speedfan, one has one bar off of fitness

Associate
The motherboard also regulates voltage and it could be that it is failing. Have you turned off the overclocking, back to stock volts. Maybe undervolt it even.
Is it more stable under a constant load.

Power off is pretty serious, anything like a read error would blue screen or at most reboot. Power off is a fatal error imo, maybe the psu is trying to prevent damage, have these become more frequent or are they still random

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
they have become less frequent now that i turn msn off but still happen when i have it on, its stayed on all night with it off which it didnt manage before, dying three times in one night

Soldato
OP
bringing it back from the dead............ not quite

i ran memtest overnight not so long ago, all fine.

fresh windows install, all seems fine.

nope, still killing itself, left it on last night and woke up now and it was turned off!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Back
Top Bottom