Domain name and website help

Soldato
Hi everyone,

I am looking to build a personal website to mainly show my photography.

Anyway, where is a good place to get a Domain name and what kind of webspace shall I ask for?

My website will be an ongoing website that will show off all of my photography.

Cheers in advance!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Cheers for the help so far :)

What is the difference between Domain Parking and Email and web forwarding?

Cheers!

Oh...silly me - it is where you 'keep' a domain name or something along those lines!

Last edited:
Soldato
If you get some hosting with TsoHost you will get yourdomain.tsohost.co.uk. If you then buy a domain from Register1 you can either use webforwarding which will put yourdomain.tsohost.co.uk inside a frame when you visit yourdomain.co.uk OR if you use park the domain at tsohost.co.uk and change the nameservers to point at tsohost then your hosting and domain will become one. I hope that makes sense.

Adz

Adz

Soldato
punky_munky said:
If you get some hosting with TsoHost you will get yourdomain.tsohost.co.uk. If you then buy a domain from Register1 you can either use webforwarding which will put yourdomain.tsohost.co.uk inside a frame when you visit yourdomain.co.uk OR if you use park the domain at tsohost.co.uk and change the nameservers to point at tsohost then your hosting and domain will become one. I hope that makes sense.

I would strongly recommend the latter. Framed forwarding is only really necessary for free/ISP provided webspace which can't support a domain natively :).

daz

daz

Soldato
Just to clarify - with Tsohost you sign-up and get allocated a whatever.tsohost.co.uk sub-domain.

If you want to point a domain name at your account, whatever.com, you simply change the nameservers with the domain registrar and in your Tsohost control panel enter whatever.com as a parked domain. :)

Soldato
Yes, that probably made more sense than my ramblings.

Go with Tsohost, the best customer service ever! Darren replys to you even if it's late on a Sunday night - that's dedication :D (he doesn't get annoyed when you ask for refunds either ;) )

Sic

Sic

Soldato
check out ochostreview in the FAQ thinger.

im personally with vidahost, cheapest package is £29 a year and that includes a .co.uk or .com

faaar simpler than all this tsohost/register1 rubbash :D

Back
Top Bottom