Dominican Republic (Playa Dorada)

Don
paddyuk said:
me and mate just got back from dominican, we stayed just down the road from playa dorada. went there a couple of times though nice little resort. you can use the facilities of the other hotels aswell which is nice.

was different when I was there , they were quite strict on guests from other hotels coming in ( unless part of the same hotel group )

Don
richyfingers said:
I go in 5 weeks, better get it sorted asap, or you think its too late?

ring the doctors and ask asap , if you contract an illness that you should have been vaccinated against then your insurance won't pay up

Soldato
urgh, the malaria tablets are awful!!!!! and you have to carry on taking them i think either 1 or 2 weeks after you return

i was really ill from them

definitely take immodium and not cheap tablets

my then bf had a slight accident :D bless him! lmao

i had hepatitis A and my bfs doc gave him typhoid i think but i was told i didnt need it though if you plan excursions then maybe consider it because you do go to some really poor parts

definitely do a dolphin encounter (not the swim though cos everyone said they didnt interact with the dolphin as much and they paid more)

dolphins were fab! you touch them, feed them, hug them, kiss them, dance with them!! :)

Man of Honour
Get more mosquitos up North generally but I didn't bother with any jabs. Didn't bother with Malaria tablets either, personally I'd say it's overkill for the Dom Rep but the decision is yours of course.
We recommend Hep A, Typhoid, Tetanus and Polio - Typhoid would be the wise one if you don't want a load of jabs as it's easy to get.

I liked the East coast best from what I saw - stayed at the RIU Bambu. Sunscape The Beach is stunning too, but a bit out of it.

Don
I didn't take malaria tablets last time I went but when I got back home and took ill I got a right tellling off from the doctor :p

Soldato
IF you can get a AOA to a resort in Bahia Meaon i would 100% book it. there is only 3 possilbe hotels and they are all amazing.

came back 2 months ago. AMAZING time, stopped at the hotel you have seen, and it looks very posh, 5 start according to the hotels entrance ;)

you will have a great time, weather was lovely, unpredictable and when it rains IT REALLY RAINS but still fun and hot :D

Man of Honour
Stinky said:
IF you can get a AOA to a resort in Bahia Meaon i would 100% book it. there is only 3 possilbe hotels and they are all amazing.

came back 2 months ago. AMAZING time, stopped at the hotel you have seen, and it looks very posh, 5 start according to the hotels entrance ;)

you will have a great time, weather was lovely, unpredictable and when it rains IT REALLY RAINS but still fun and hot :D
Bahia Maimon - that'll be the RIU Bachata, RIU Merengue and RIU Mambo then. Stayed in the Bachata and by god when it rains it does it with a vengeance doesn't it? :D

Back
Top Bottom