Donington Park track is in a state

Soldato
On track it's a great circuit. Blasting down Craner Curves in the Radical is something I'll never forget.

I must say watching Walker and Haga going sideways and changing places about 10 times going through Craner' is somethinig I'll never forget, Craner for me is really the only good part of the track. But I'm no silverstone lover that's for sure.

Soldato
Wow it would make an awesome rally circuit, gravel, tarmac, a ford etc :D It is a shame to see the circuit in such a state! :(

Back in the days off the RAC/Network Q Rally before the British round of the WRC got cornered into the most inaccessible and over policed bit of Wales they used to run a spectator stage at Donington. It was great, I went most years.

Here's a clip :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZUOMMMPerc

Teq

Teq

Associate
It might take a few years but you'll never keep a good circuit down, such a shame that this has happened though, easily my fav British venue :(

Soldato
I must be seriously behind the times here. The last i heard was that it would be ready for the BTCC ? So what is going on with it now ? Is it just going to go to waste ?

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

It has appeared on the circuit list for the BTCC in late September. Maybe moves are in hand?

Soldato
Surely a lot of the reason why the middle is so scummy is that they built a big motocross track in it for the MXGP. Not this year though, there's no UK round at all this year :mad:

Still, they could have made half an effort to put it back together afterwards.

Caporegime
the crummy bit in the middle is the start of the extended bit of track they were going to build.

Isnt Donnington meant to be hosting events soon?

Soldato
Very sad indeed, but I cant' help think that it wasn't that great a circuit to be honest, I went there to watch WSB when Foggy, Aaron Slight and Colin Edwards were fighting all over the track and don't get me wrong seeing WSB there was fantastic and a shame that the circiut is now dead. I just hope the same thing doesn't happen to any other circuit out there especially Brands Hatch.

Donington is one of my all time favourite tracks, it always produces good overtaking with the BTCC.

Oh, and this happened there:

Man of Honour
It's actually the fault of the global economic down turn started by the collapse of the sub prime mortgage market in the USA. Gillet had the finances in place when he signed the deal with Bernie. After the world economy went down the river the original backers pulled out and Gillet couldn't secure new finances because of the credit crunch.

Back
Top Bottom