Donnington, Trackday - 26th Feb

Associate
Hmm, i might be interested in this, might be fun to see what a small track is like :p

Plus a chance to take the Rover out on a track or do i bring the beast ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just got trackday insurance off my own insurers would you beleive!

£100, £1500 excess. :cool:

Nice result, I take back everything I've ever said about Norwich Union and their poor english speaking multicultural employees. :D

Associate
Haha! Nice one dude!

Raa, don't know what to do about this !?!
I've got loads on in Feb & my actual trackcar will probably be confirmed this weekend as needing a new engine! :(/:)
I'll have a think over the weekend & let you know.

Just to add, I've suffered brake-fade at Donny but never thrashed off a set of pads. I do eat the fN/S tyre around it though, munch! :cool:

Soldato
OP
Cool, keep us posted.

Hoping more people allow temptation to get the better of them closer the time.

Teg has Brembo's all round, so they should be ok.

Soldato
OP
William said:
Hmmm, tempting... How much would I get laughed at if I turned up in my N reg mondeo estate? :p

At a guess, something in the region of 30 minutes of solid uninterupted laughter, followed by the occasional giggle up to an hour or so later.

Still, if you can drive it well - you'll be having the last laugh ;)

Sam

Sam

Soldato
merlin said:
Just to give you guys an idea - Trackday insurance on mine (£17,500 declared value) is £162. That's body, chasis, engine and tranny covered, £1750 excess. Fire following an accident though is excluded so I'll ask how much extra that costs.

Going to try another couple of places to see if I can improve on that but it gives you an idea anway.

I just got my quote back and its £92 for me , going to try NU when i get a spare minute :)

Sam

Soldato
OP
Nice, so are you going to book up then? If so ask to join the novice group and if we find other people just getting in the way we'll just ask to be moved to intermediate.

I'm all sorted now, booked, insurance done, just got to pick up a cheap helmet and hope it doesnt rain, my tyres are shocking in the wet. :(

Caporegime
merlin said:
Nice, so are you going to book up then? If so ask to join the novice group and if we find other people just getting in the way we'll just ask to be moved to intermediate.

I'm all sorted now, booked, insurance done, just got to pick up a cheap helmet and hope it doesnt rain, my tyres are shocking in the wet. :(

I so want to go on this and kick some Honda ass :p

Soldato
OP
Simon said:
I so want to go on this and kick some Honda ass :p

Excellent, fighting talk - that means your getting tempted. ;)

Meantime, the only thing you'll be kicking is your heels if you dont start bolting stuff together. :p

Let me know how you get on with the Rover jigsaw, if you're coming I'll start stripping out the rear to even things up a bit. :D

Caporegime
Tax Evader said:
If you want to even things up with a Rover, start by removing all the quality bits from yours ;)

Pah, M3 Csl up for it too ? :p

Merlin, Crane arrived today so I'm swapping this weekend, the car will be ready, just depends if the driver is allowed to drive :(

Back
Top Bottom