Donnington, Trackday - 26th Feb

Soldato
You stripped two engines and built one good one in a single day.

Nice!

I expect I will show my face at this but I wont be going on the track. :)
I'll just take some photographs.

Soldato
Aye, I'll head up there but not to go on the track. Can't afford it if I wear things out or sorting extra insurance at the moment. Tis just up the dual carriageway from me..great for doing top speed runs ;)

Soldato
OP
So, basically we've got Si as a possible, providing the sex change operation goes well and his groin isn't too sore, and Sam - who was getting an insurance quote and has gone quiet since, and about four million spectators.

Tsk. :p

Caporegime
merlin said:
So, basically we've got Si as a possible, providing the sex change operation goes well and his groin isn't too sore, :p

:eek:

Well at least you'll be the main attraction, you attention seeking whore. :p

Soldato
OP
I'm feeling the pressure already, it's crushing me. :p :D

Can't wait to see four hundred photos after - this is merlin making a mess of his braking points, oh and here's where he missed the crest and re-landscaped the run off areas. Oh and over there you can see an Integra shaped tyre wall. :p

Caporegime
Lol, what's the deal with passengers anyway? I went around Donnington in a Coupe Racer but remember paying the organisers some money.

Soldato
OP
Free as far as I know, you just need a helmet and arms/legs covered & sign the usual disclaimer.

If you're not driving for some reason - still come along, Ade is coming but I'll boot him out the passenger seat for a session if you're up for it.

Don
if money wasn't so tight, i'd love to take the ST around, just wouldn't be able to afford the tyre's and brakes.

Give it 6 months, once i get settled and moved up in the new job, and i'll give yer teg a run Merlin ;)

Soldato
OP
Quite lucky in that my pads and discs are all getting a bit thin so I plan to kill em off at Donny, then get them all replaced the following weekend.

Just so long as I can drive home without having to use my airbrake (this is my brother hanging out of the window holding a blanket), I'm not bothered.

:cool:

Caporegime
merlin said:
:D

Just so long as I can drive home without having to use my airbrake (this is my brother hanging out of the window holding a blanket), I'm not bothered.

:cool:

Love it :D

Basically im having a test where they stick a wire in thru a vein in your leg and run it up into your heart, if positive then I have to have an ICD fitted which means a month off driving. Jonny hasn't been able to drive his teg for a month for the same reason.

Soldato
OP
Damn :( Hope you get the all clear. :)

I had a heart problem a few years ago - scared the living daylights out of me - turned out it was caffeine poisoning - so I have to drink decaf everything now otherwise my heart beats when it feels like it. :eek:

Sam

Sam

Soldato
If i can book it off work ill come along, be good to see you guys and watch the ITR go around the track. Ill bring my helmet so if anyone fancys giving me a ride round the track its all good :) Wont be running my car due to having no money, and because its still not i 100% health

Sam

Caporegime
merlin said:
Bugger :(

Question - Brake Pads have around 3mm, maybe 4mm on them, will they last? If not I'll throw the new ones on.

Put the new ones on, more thermal capacity in the pad so reduce the chance of fade, also you could well use up all that pad, nothing would be worse than ruining your disks too

Might be worth dropping the tyre pressures and give them a few laps to warm up. On the track tyres get too hot and get to like 45psi, as you can imagine, not much grip. You want them to be 35psi when hot. Don't hoon it though until they are warmed up.
This obviously needs a bit of trial and error, but the results are worth it.

Back
Top Bottom