Donnington, Trackday - 26th Feb

Soldato
OP
Hokey cokey, I'll give them to Honda to fit, thing is - obviosuly they're not going to match the face of the disc so I'll have to spend a couple of days stamping on the brakes to get them to shape up against the discs. Also going to run the more worn tyres on the front - sharpen up the feel, big chunks of flexing tread & trackday = no no.

I was going to run 32 front, 31 rear (cold), but I'm taking a pressure gauge so I can have a play with them. These tyres are **** when cold so I have to warm them up to get any grip even out on the roads. Well drilled there.

Also got to remember to overfill the engine oil a bit, suspect sump pick-up on K20's.

Caporegime
merlin said:
Hokey cokey, I'll give them to Honda to fit, thing is - obviosuly they're not going to match the face of the disc so I'll have to spend a couple of days stamping on the brakes to get them to shape up against the discs. Also going to run the more worn tyres on the front - sharpen up the feel, big chunks of flexing tread & trackday = no no.

I was going to run 32 front, 31 rear (cold), but I'm taking a pressure gauge so I can have a play with them. These tyres are **** when cold so I have to warm them up to get any grip even out on the roads. Well drilled there.

Also got to remember to overfill the engine oil a bit, suspect sump pick-up on K20's.

Yeah worn tyres are a good idea, unless it rains of course :eek: mine are very low and won't last a day so i'll have to get some more.

Tread heating up is one thing but its the actually air heating up thats causes a problem. We will have to have a play. Donny might need the rear left tyre slightly softer cold as its a right hand track and so that tyre will tend to warm up more.

You should be able to bed the pads in pretty quickly :D

Soldato
OP
Just been out to buy el-cheapo helmet. £30.

Salesman - "looks ok matey"

Me - "no, I look like a nob"

Salesman - "everyone looks a nob in a £30 helmet"

:D

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I'd so love to do this, but I have to get 4 new boots before my up-coming MOT, so £££'s will be a bit too tight with Feb being a short month :(

I would just wait till after the track day and finish them off in style, but the MOT is due before the trackday :(

Soldato
OP
DreXeL said:
I'd so love to do this, but I have to get 4 new boots before my up-coming MOT, so £££'s will be a bit too tight with Feb being a short month :(

I would just wait till after the track day and finish them off in style, but the MOT is due before the trackday :(

Help me O'Ben K'nexel - you're my only hope. :p

No MOT? What's the fine for that? Bugger all! They won't be asking for your MOT cert in the paddock dude. Can someone photshop Drex an MOT cert? :D

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OK, my arm's been twisted. I'm 99% sure I'm going to book this in either later on today or tomorrow. It'll be a birthday pressie :D

When we are there feel free to point an laugh at my comedy tramp-spec 'Champiro' front tyres, a legacy from the previous owner :( Also my rear Pirelli's are getting a 'bit' low on tread :o

I intend to finish them all off at the trackday, they will all be replaced with some Eagle F1s shortly after.

I'm also running some fairly new pads, Hawk HP+. Hawk have a pretty good reputation, we'll see how they fare.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
L0rdMike said:
If you car is anything like mine, Eagle F1's will last you 3/4 months.

Come on mike , dont meen to be rude but you bought the car with low tread on your tyres. As far as you know he could have been doing burn out after burn out wearing them down. The fronts are fine :)

Sam

Soldato
I may get another set just to show you how quickly these things die. They may be alright on a Mondeo, but with a car that has 220 at the wheels they turn like melted cheese.

:(

Sam

Sam

Soldato
L0rdMike said:
I may get another set just to show you how quickly these things die. They may be alright on a Mondeo, but with a car that has 220 at the wheels they turn like melted cheese.

:(

Funny that, ive spoken to a few people who infact have more BHP than you and they dont seem to think there that bad wear wise.

Oh actually forgot there made of cheese , doh :p

Back
Top Bottom