Donnington, Trackday - 26th Feb

Associate
Siliconslave said:
how late do you recon they'll take bookings upto? if i get payed before the date, and i'm feeling flush i *might* have to come to this :)

They'll keep taking bookings. You could even just turn up on the day and 'do a deal'. I may do this myself, just for a few hours. They'll never turn away a bit of cash in my experience :)

Soldato
L0rdMike said:
I may get another set just to show you how quickly these things die. They may be alright on a Mondeo, but with a car that has 220 at the wheels they turn like melted cheese.

:(

lol, dangly's mondeo had 220 (maybe a bit more) at the wheels running F1's and he was fine :p

Tom.

Associate
If i do come on this, i seriously need to sort my front brake's out :eek:

After playing on the bristol bypass,i pulled up at one of the lights and smoke was rising from both front wheel's, didn't smell good either :p

Mind you i should have some 285mm carriers coming this week, so i'll fit them and buy some nice "uprated" disc's and pads. :D

Caporegime
How the hell did I miss this thread!?? i'm coming! :D

Might be a *slight* problem with noise though, my 5zigen (paired with a 3" decat downpipe, louder than a Nur-Spec R) is a *tad* loud - Bloody thing deafens me even in the cabin!!! :p

So i might have to watch :( (unless I can get hold of some measuring equipment b4 then to check) But it doesn't look good, a decat'd Mongoose (quiet in comparison) pulls over 100db...

Either way I'll be there for the fun & games and to give my new boots (T1-R's all round) a good run-in :D

Si

Soldato
OP
Runners :-

1) Me - definate
2) Drex - definate
3) Member that shall remain un-named - definate
4) Simon - possible
5) austinpowers - possible
6) Jedi - definate spectator, possible runner (subject to noise)
7) Siliconslave - possible

Mine I'm pretty sure is >98dba but I've got a get out of jail card in the form of an exhaust bung.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
IIRC mine was around 97-98 when it was last measured a few weeks back. The only problem I can see would be the trackside monitoring, my car is *loads* louder when under boost at high revs with the second tubby fully on-song.

A mate has the same exhaust as me and has a bung so I will be borrowing that just incase.

Soldato
theres part of me that wants to take the focus... its booked in for a service next tuesday, and the warentee runs out in march... so any damage I do I could try and get repaired on that...

... my god its tempting.. but its a diesel focus :eek:

Soldato
OP
Tesla said:
I know you have track experience, would you agree that driving pretty much anything is FUN on a track?

I've driven some pretty lame cars on track, and I found it all quite frustrating, boring even.

The Focus though, even being chip fat powered is far from lame, they handle like they're on rails, so - plenty fun to be had.

Back
Top Bottom