*dons military-grade flamesuit*

Soldato
What are those all about anyway? Never got the point of them :/

Tape is to help the marshalls whilst you're on track. If you're in a smash the tape cross will hold the glass together and the marshalls won't have to clear all the smashed glass up etc.
Lots of people do it though without any intention of going on track, "because it looks cool".

I actually really like the look of Drex's plastic crosshairs... though I'm a Saxo driver so my view doesn't really count round here!

Associate
I like it :D

What exactly is the difference between a show and proper cage anyway? Has a show cage got no strength to it, or is it just attached inappropriately to provide protection and enhanced stiffness? First time I've come across the concept of a show cage.

Soldato
I like it, it's got that "hometuned, built on the drive with blooded knuckles to proof it look" I prefer the cage black though just to make take the edge off it.

Old skool car for an old skool motors legend. Enjoy!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Nice, I do like that. Very well presented. I'm not the type for a show cage, bit it still might have some stiffening effect won't it?

Wheels go well on the back and it's just about the right height (going by the sig too :)). I also love cross-hair lights for some reason, want some for my MX5 (7"), any ideas?

If you got the surface rust sorted and had a machine polish I'd call it more or less done externally, maybe add some silver indicator bulbs front and rear.

Soldato
Not personnally to my taste but I do think the car looks fantastic. The cage also helps to break up the black.

Nice Drexel

Soldato
Looks **** to me but I get the feeling this not really a concern...
+1

You've murdered some cars over the years DreXeL so I doubt you give two hoots about anything anyone says, but seriously - aren't you getting a bit old for this stuff now?

I also seriously don't understand "show cages" - it seems like the most pointless mod ever conceived. At least fake blow-off valves, as lame as they are, are a "valid" substitute for having to buy a turbo. A show cage is a substitute for... a real roll cage? What are you saving by fitting a fake one? You still lose however much space they take up, you've got all the downsides with none of the upsides at all?

Soldato
Get it done right, a nice black proper cage, or even just a rear one would look much better imho. Then you can do proper shell buckets, with a harness bar for some nice harnesses.

Whatever floats your boat though

Associate
I really like the car Drexel but I must admit I just don't "get" the show cage. If you had installed a proper cage and decent seat(s) for track use I would have been all over it. Still like the car tho. In short, car nice - cage not so. :)

Back
Top Bottom