*dons military-grade flamesuit*

Dup

Dup

Soldato
+1

You've murdered some cars over the years DreXeL so I doubt you give two hoots about anything anyone says, but seriously - aren't you getting a bit old for this stuff now?

I also seriously don't understand "show cages" - it seems like the most pointless mod ever conceived. At least fake blow-off valves, as lame as they are, are a "valid" substitute for having to buy a turbo. A show cage is a substitute for... a real roll cage? What are you saving by fitting a fake one? You still lose however much space they take up, you've got all the downsides with none of the upsides at all?

A show cage isn't destructive to the interior, or at least that's the original idea. There shouldn't be need to cut panels or carpet that much to fit and so its easily reversible come sale time like all the other mods on his car. It's also a bit harsh coming from someone who has/had an ICE filled Type-R after Honda went to all that trouble fitting crap speakers so they are lighter. Like all mods its a personal thing and hardly worth getting a sweat over. I can see a show cage possibly adding some stiffness like a strut brace depending on how its mounted but I it does look the part at least. Being a 'show' cage and all, it shows very well to me.

This forum always posts about not "getting it" (in more ways that one :p) when it comes to individual scene mods. DreX obviously likes his "cruises" and shows and represents himself honestly. Can't knock it to be honest.

Soldato
Neodymium magnets are the way forward for lightweight speakers... They can be half the weight of ferrite magnet speakers...

I quite like the wheels, don't mind the cage or ride height, but the main thing I'm not keen on is the plates. They just look a bit wrong. I know yellow plates aren't the height of fashion, but I think they'd suit the car better. :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
+1

You've murdered some cars over the years DreXeL so I doubt you give two hoots about anything anyone says, but seriously - aren't you getting a bit old for this stuff now?

I know my cars are not/have not been to everybody's taste, but lets get some perspective. None of my cars were 'murdered', it's not like I've ever fitted huge bodykits or cut the arches to fit 22" wheels. As for my age, well yeah I'm 34 tomorrow, but cars are and always will be a hobby of mine. I don't think I'll ever 'grow up' in that respect.

I also seriously don't understand "show cages" - it seems like the most pointless mod ever conceived. At least fake blow-off valves, as lame as they are, are a "valid" substitute for having to buy a turbo. A show cage is a substitute for... a real roll cage? What are you saving by fitting a fake one? You still lose however much space they take up, you've got all the downsides with none of the upsides at all?

The 'upside' is the way it looks. I like the look. It really is that simple.

DreX obviously likes his "cruises" and shows and represents himself honestly.

In all fairness I don't do 'cruises', and rarely go to shows any more. I just like the look of the cage :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
you comming to any of the meets ?

think we need to pin you down and throw holy water on you to exorcise your show-cage-loving demons :D

I'm going to the big southern meet on the 27th. I'm 5'11" and 17.5st, it'll take a few of you to pin me down ;)

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16091467 said:
Honda fitted crap speakers to the Type R because they were tight, not to make the car lighter.
This.

Also, a decent sound system has the primary benefit of.... being a decent sound system. Tell me what a "show cage" actually does besides not being a functional rollcage?

I honestly don't get it, I'm not being nasty or anything. :( I guess it's something I'll never really understand.

I know my cars are not/have not been to everybody's taste, but lets get some perspective. None of my cars were 'murdered', it's not like I've ever fitted huge bodykits or cut the arches to fit 22" wheels. As for my age, well yeah I'm 34 tomorrow, but cars are and always will be a hobby of mine. I don't think I'll ever 'grow up' in that respect.
Happy Birthday :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom