• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I dont want help via a forum. I will ring overclockers after the bank holiday. This is just to share my shambles of an experience with overclockers this week. Because of the crisis i have been scouring the clearance page and lucky me oc have a 2070 super in stock, in fact they had 2. A dual fan asus and a gaming x trio. I chose my preferred card and paid for said item with next day delivery. That was the 30th of last month. I am aware that i placed my order late in the day, there is a bank holiday and staff shortages so i thought ill drop a message to see when i can expect my card.

A little while later i recieve an email stating that the card isnt in stock and would i like a swap. Now im not going to list the stock offered partly because i wasnt given a list o was simply told pick a card and a brand and well check stock...... really? And also i think it could leave overclockers in an unfair position as i certainly feel lied to and think others would too.

Anyway, i asked the prices on 2 brands and said i wpuld be interested in an msi card offered at 499.99, i then recieved an email back from a different staff member stating that there are no msi cards availible and the cheapest they had was a not so desirable brand at 499.99, obviously o stated that i was told there was an msi card availible at 499.99 and if the less desirable brand was the same price then i would prefer the msi card.

The same staff member then came back to me and said the equivelant of ok no problem ove switched it to the msi card now you need to pay the 120 pounds difference. They have already taken my 468 pounds 8 pounds of which was for next day delivery! They said the msi card was 500 and now its 580?? O check my order online and guess what, NOOB MOVE, they switched ot for not the 0000 card but the 0000ti, not the card i was told was availible or the card i asked for.

I think part of the problem is they are being as quiet as possible about what stock they actually have which i can understand hence some of the crypticness in my post. This has absolutly destroyed and respect i had for overclockers as a retailer, the fact that oliver L swotched my order to the wrong card, told me i need to pay and then clocks off for the night is disgusting imo. I know your busy overclockers but honestly wtaf

This is the second experience ive had with overclockers and it sucks because the first time i contacted them they were so good i actually paid 10 pounds extra for the same monitor just to get it from oc because the customer service was unreal. Now its a joke

Associate
OP
a bit sucky but i'm sure you can straighten it out with them. Interesting you say 'don't tell me to post in customer services' though. Have you been told that before?
I really hope so as i said my first experience with them was amazing. And no this is my first post but i know the go to is "why post in the forum? Tell cs". If they arnt there to email me back or answer the phone though then that wpuld be pointless. I cba with the emaols anymore anyway, it feels like emailing talktalk, they havnt a clue. Ill ring them and hopefully get through to someone who knows what a gpu is

Permabanned
I guess the problem here is that its just a really bad time to buy and in some respects it's a bad time to sell too, because for every successful sale there are ten disappointed people.

Associate
OP
Im under the impression now that retailers just dint want to admit that they have cards that arent for sale, unless they make a mistake. Tbh ive been left in an extemely negative mood by all this so judgement may be clouded atm. First world problems and that

Associate
OP
O thonk you should also order a new keyboard whole you waot too
I will order a new keyboard when i have a gpu and therefore a working computer. Till then a keyboard is a bit pointless as a graphics card would provide me with a display so i can see what i am typing. As i have no gpu my computer will not work with a new keyboard. Do you work for overclocker cs by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom