Don't **** with cats: Hunting an Internet Killer

Man of Honour
Whilst the social media and MSM are labelling it as the "most disturbing series" ever, I knew little about it until Netflix popped up with a recommendation and I ended up watching all 3 episodes in one sitting. Was really intrigued by the events of this story and how the members of the FB group went about collecting their evidence and the frustrations as the actual police weren't listening to the community which ultimately could have resulted in Mr Lin not being murdered.

The lengths Luka went to in order to create his own little movie world is just insane. Can't say much without spoilers but it's well worth watching and not reading too much about it as the last half of the series opens up the whole thing and previous events become clear.

Anyway, a great 3 part docu-series.

Associate
I watched this the other day it’s brilliant you can’t take your eyes off it. I had to watch them all in 1 sitting as well, very sickening and twisted yet you can’t help but to watch.
im just surprised we didn’t hear that much about it on the news considering he came to the uk as well!

Associate
I watched this the other day it’s brilliant you can’t take your eyes off it. I had to watch them all in 1 sitting as well, very sickening and twisted yet you can’t help but to watch.
im just surprised we didn’t hear that much about it on the news considering he came to the uk as well!
I said the same thing to my wife. How did we not hear about this

Soldato
Watched this with the other half on the weekend, however it's embarrassingly American. Facebook > everything, to the point that the characters interviewed from the Facebook group had an air of self importance about them. It reminded me of the " Do you know who I am, I'm a model from Instagram" meme doing the rounds, really irritated me, however Luka took full advantage of that level of stupidity which on the flip side kept me watching.

Last edited:
Associate
Watched this with the other half on the weekend, however it's embarrassingly American. Facebook > everything, to the point that the characters interviewed from the Facebook group had an air of self importance about them. It reminded me of the " Do you know who I am, I'm a model from Instagram" meme during the rounds, really irritated me, however Luka took full advantage of that level of stupidity which on the flip side kept me watching.
This point really got me thinking. How much of them sharing, commenting etc made him keep doing more. Or if he was just ignored may not have done anything more.

Man of Honour
OP
He planned everything and knew the direction things were going to head once his legit career was going nowhere. The Facebook group peeps even later said did they in fact fuel his desire for attention and "fame" that crossed continents.

I did further reading and it turns out Luka ended up marrying an inmate where he currently is.

Soldato
Either way found it fascinating how he planned certain things years before he commited anything. Don't want to give too many spoilers away

I don't think it was planned, Luka is mentally disturbed and lives "that life" in his head Manny has always existed in his head, however his audience was the catalyst to continue on his journey. Remember she cooked the kids Rabbit in Basic Instinct which wasn't mentioned in the series which I thought was odd as that made sense as to why he was killing the kittens also I assume kittens are easier to get hold of compared to rabbits

Soldato
lol @ 53 seconds dude sitting there with a greasy kebab, interesting how "animal lovers" don't give a **** about them if they're food

I mean the cat killer is ****** up, but don't go all animal justice if you're going to sit there chowing down with a ******* kebab

Soldato
I don't think it was planned, Luka is mentally disturbed and lives "that life" in his head Manny has always existed in his head, however his audience was the catalyst to continue on his journey. Remember she cooked the kids Rabbit in Basic Instinct which wasn't mentioned in the series which I thought was odd as that made sense as to why he was killing the kittens also I assume kittens are easier to get hold of compared to rabbits

I think you're getting confused with Fatal Attraction

Soldato
We couldn't switch it off and watched all episodes back to back. I remember hearing about the packages but never payed much attention.

I couldn't help but to go down the worm hole and read more about it. It's actually worse than they described.

Back
Top Bottom