DOOM Loading Times

Man of Honour
IIRC there is a folder somewhere with a cached file you can delete though mixed stories if it helps or not - then you also have the GPU shader cache but that shouldn't significantly slow down start up.

Soldato
Not got an SSD atm, looking on grabbing one soon. Out of all the games I have, DOOM seems to only give me this problem, so it cant be the HDD. Suppose an SSD would be the fix to speed up the load times, but surely a standard HDD would be fast enough to boot a game to the menu.

Well as said, when I used a mechanical drive the load times were very slow, and never got better until I got it on an SSD. The first couple of times I actually mistook the load times for game crashing, it was taking that long.

Soldato
Is this game worth getting? see it on sale atm and been tempted a number of times.

played the demo and enjoyed that

Man of Honour
Just set +com_gameMode 1 +com_restarted 1 in launch options so that it boots straight to single player, kind of loaded quicker than before hand.

Good point I'd forgotten I added some command line options will have to check what I'm using.

Remember that doom is massive, around 70GB. In general bigger games take longer to load, much bigger games take much longer.

Might be worth checking that the game files aren't fragmented across your HDD.

In theory the extra size above a normal game is streamed textures and "shouldn't" add to initial load times... in theory.

Back
Top Bottom