download feastival 2006

Soldato
Abraham said:
working i'll happily pull them out of the crowd and have them ejected(after a warning of course), normally to the approval of the people near by

yeh id love to see you try and move people, funniest thing ive heard in a while. if you tryed that on, youd get hit straight between the eyes.

Soldato
and you'd probably get decked and then dragged out, as i established much earlier in the thread, security are there for the safety of the crowd, lashing out at them will not put you in good stead
i'm not going to argue about it
i dont care about people chucking empty bottles, especially at distance, but if you're chucking full ones you're just out to hurt someone and are a **** in my opinion

Soldato
Abraham said:
and you'd probably get decked and then dragged out, as i established much earlier in the thread, security are there for the safety of the crowd, lashing out at them will not put you in good stead
i'm not going to argue about it
i dont care about people chucking empty bottles, especially at distance, but if you're chucking full ones you're just out to hurt someone and are a **** in my opinion

do you mean security dragging you out, or you pushing some one out of the crowd?

your making mountains out of molehills, bottle throwing has been around for years, ive seen worse.

Soldato
i mean me as security pulling you out
and like i said i only care about non empty bottles and it is a big thing, as is people going into pits with the intention of hurting people, which ok is to be expected at some gigs but not at most, i'm not saying you do this just that's what i put it on a par with, if you throw a full bottle of anything, you know it's going to hurt anyone it hits

Soldato
Neon said:
bottle throwing has been around for years, ive seen worse.

i'm well aware of that...
and have experienced it a hundred times worse than download this year, but my point still stands
just because something goes on for a long time doesnt make it ok... i think most people have a problem with paedophilia, murder, genocide, rape and racism, but they've been going on for a while, doesnt seem to have an affect on them

dont get me wrong, i want nothing less than gigs to become stricter, i think crowd surfing restrictions are a joke, and i never crowd surf, i just think there are some things that are best kept out, most of those involve doing stuff with the intention of hurting someone you've never seen before and will probably never see again

Soldato
Im all for banning crowd surfing, it's just as inconsiderate as bottle throwing. I got a big 2l bottle of water on the back of my head, that hurt! I think keeping it to mild banter and heckling is much more fun...

"TIMMMMMYYYYY!"
"SAY NO TO EMO!"

:)

Soldato
I was in green zone!!

Blue zone just seemed to get trashed from the start, lol

did anyone see any of my messages on sunday, "4 8 15 16 23 42 ... I press the button ..." or "Emo's, kill them with fire, or take off and nuke them from orbit, its the only way to be sure"

Associate
Jackal said:
I was in green zone!!

did anyone see any of my messages on sunday, "4 8 15 16 23 42 ... I press the button ..." or "Emo's, kill them with fire, or take off and nuke them from orbit, its the only way to be sure"

I was in green, on the right hand side under the trees where it was nice and cool. Saw your second message, did :rolleyes: and just knew it was someone from ocuk :p

Soldato
Neon said:
you'll be one of these ones who dont see the fun it in then at all, if you dont like it move away, last year i had some idiot start on me cos i through a bottle, still carried on lighten up its festival. much worse stuff goes on.

people that throw missiles into the crowd don't deserve to be there in the first place, i've seen someone knocked out by a full 1l bottle of water hitting them on the temple.

oh of course ,they should have moved - cause like they have eyes in the back of their head! :rolleyes:

Soldato
Yellow 1 baby :D

will be uploading my pics later, mainly of bullets & octane in the myspace stage and a few of cathedral too.

loved the weekend, GNR lived up to every expectation, and i think i let out a little wee when sebastian bach came onstage!!!

Associate
I'm not saying bottle throwing is right but it does happen at most festivals, so try and avoid it.

As for crowd surfing, most of those that were doing it at the weekend were trying to get out of the crush because it was the easiest way. I got my fair share of boots to the head but it was a small number compared to the amount of people we helped out of the crowd.

Soldato
Pezboy said:
Saturday was awsome :D

And if you saw the guy in the superman shirt on the bank?.. me and a bloke in the orange San Quinton shirt were the 2 people that walked up the bank and smacked him about a bit, after he decided that it was fun to wrap rocks up in icecream packets and hurl those at people.

:D

Just been looking at the download vids on you tube, someone said this underneath one of them lol.

"i remeber someone in a superman top started throwing stones, and after a while everyone started chaunting "SUPERMANS A ******", then i think someone battered him"

PAz

PAz

Soldato
Jackal said:
I was in green zone!!

Haha I saw your messages...

Really enjoyed it, Metallica were amazing!! My mate got right to the barrier, and got himself one of the plectrums. I rushed back for work and managed to catch the whole set, but was pretty far back :(

Soldato
i cant believe the level the chinese whispers have got to about the "riots"
i've now heard a member of rock steady security got bottled, properly, not thrown at him
someone apparently broke their leg, although if they did, i imagine it's probably from falling off a lighting rig
there's lots of talk of tents being looted, which is uber **** if it happened, and peoples tents getting involountarily burnt, which i just find unlikely, but other than that, and a few fights kicking off i dont think it was massively out of the ordinary

Soldato
Abraham said:
i cant believe the level the chinese whispers have got to about the "riots"
i've now heard a member of rock steady security got bottled, properly, not thrown at him
someone apparently broke their leg, although if they did, i imagine it's probably from falling off a lighting rig
there's lots of talk of tents being looted, which is uber **** if it happened, and peoples tents getting involountarily burnt, which i just find unlikely, but other than that, and a few fights kicking off i dont think it was massively out of the ordinary

last year our tents got looted.

Soldato
Had my tent looted this year and the GF had her phone and money stolen. Got beaned by a rock walking from main stage to the snickers stage :rolleyes: but all in all a fantastic weekend. Was in yellow camp :D

Back
Top Bottom