download feastival 2006

Associate
OP
Abraham said:
the new maiden dvd seems to be advertised on every page of the ticket sales site, hopefully a hint of some more good news to come :), doubt it but would be good

hmmm metallica and maiden, thing we are dreaming there lol.... but would be good :)

Soldato
It was in kerrang too.

I didnt realise BFMV played at last years download with no release and no record deal! Anyone know how they swung that? Did they win a competition?

BTW, if 'tallica are playing - I'm there!

Soldato
J1nxy said:
OK 3 more added yesterday, Korn Deftones and Clutch. Seems like a pretty good line-up so far.

korn have gigs in germany on the friday and saturday :)

deftones have download listed on their website :D:D:D
and so have clutch, ive never heard of them before....

korns website sucks, but other "official" sites have it up as them being at DL

Last edited:
Associate
Oh god...this is what I mean about Download...you have the odd one or two amazing bands, then they put Korn on the lineup :(

Wacken it is for me, here's the current lineup:

Aborted
Amon Amarth
Atheist
Bloodthorn
Born From Pain
Celtic Frost
Children Of Bodom
Ektomorf
Emperor
End Of Green
Finntroll
Gamma Ray
Ministry
Nevermore
Orphaned Land
Primal Fear
Scorpions
Six Feet Under
Soilwork
Subway To Sally
Wintersun

I'd go for Amon Amarth, Bodom, Emperor, Celtic Frost, Primal Fear, The Scorpions, Soilwork and Wintersun! More bands to be announced...

...However, I'll still probably go to download on the saturday just to see Metallica...also Lars said in a recent post that they might preview new songs there ''if James has written lyrics''....!!

-C

Soldato
Spirit7 said:
Oh god...this is what I mean about Download...you have the odd one or two amazing bands, then they put Korn on the lineup :(

...However, I'll still probably go to download on the saturday just to see Metallica...also Lars said in a recent post that they might preview new songs there ''if James has written lyrics''....!!

-C

I like Korn, although the last 2 albums have been pretty average. I've never seen them live and would like to so that's a bonus for me.

As for that quote by Lars I certainly hope that means they're letting James write all the lyrics again instead of what they did on St Anger. I hope they do play some new material.

Soldato
I can't wait for Download, there aren't any particuarly great bands playing so far but theres a long time to go and if the line-up is even close to last year's it's going to be great. Download may not be a "true" metal festival like Wacken but it's still a good laugh and decent bands will be booked (for me there were too many good bands to see last year!)

Soldato
Korn are a superb band live, along with the deftones. This is the 1st year at download where I like everybody they have announced so far. Hope the rumours for the headliners are true as well :)

Back
Top Bottom