DRAM LED on Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming

Soldato
Tried to turn my computer on this evening and the motherboard DRAM Led gave me it's bright red evil-eye and wouldn't post.

I've taken every step I can to find the fault:
Cleared CMOS:
Shorting the two pins,
Removing the battery,
Removed power lead and pressing both Power & Reset buttons for 10+ seconds.

Tested Ram:
Removed all 4 sticks of DDR4 (Crucial Ballistix BLS2K8G4D32AESBK), trying each stick, one at a time in each slot, and in multiple pairs, in slots 1&3, 2&4, to no avail.
Tried the two 8Gb 3000mhz Corsair sticks from my son's rig (2x CMK16GX4M2B30), one at a time, in each slot and as a pair in 1&3, 2&4.
Tested all 4 sticks of the Crucial Ballistix in my son's rig (singles, pairs and all 4, in turn) - all absolutely fine.

Swapped GPU:
Tested my 2080Ti in my son's rig (all fine and had to fight him to get it back :rolleyes:)
Tested my son's RX590 in my rig (DRAM Led still lit, no POST - to be honest, I was clutching at straws at this stage).

I'm puzzled as I haven't done anything different to the system in between playing Control on Saturday evening and trying to switch it on today.

I've contacted OCUK Tech Support to arrange an RMA, but wondered if anyone else has experienced a similar situation?

Back
Top Bottom