Draytek/sky router query

Associate
My current internet provider is sky broadband (uk) and i have purchased a draytek router which i am wanting to use instead of the standard issue sky modem.
I have very little network knowledge and i just wanted to know if it possible to use the draytek router instead of the sky modem or if i have to set the draytek router up still using the sky modem.
The draytek router is a vigor2860ac vdsl2
Would appriciate any help/advice you could give, if you need any more info off me ill do my best to get it.
Many thanks in advance
Ben

Associate
I've used a Netgear D7000 and a TP-LINK TD-W9980 (running beta firmware) with Sky fibre. When I was last with Sky you needed a router that could handle MER encryption to use it. The link posted above mentions the vigor 2860 and the appropriate firmware. I would update the router, get the log in details from your sky router then try the vigor.

Associate
As above, follow the guide, currently have a Vigor 2760, no problems with Sky Fibre with IPv6 too

One thing, if you want to use alt DNS servers, on the 2760 at least, needed to set them up in LAN, setting in WAN didnt seem to override Sky's

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replys i will give the guide a try and see how i get on when i have some free time this week.
Much appricated

Back
Top Bottom