Dreamcast vga box problem

NqR

NqR

Associate
I ve got the pal dreamcast and i ve bought the vga box recently,
The problem is that it does not work with my AOC 19' crt monitor.
It seems that the monitor is receiving signal because when i try to turn the minitor on it does not display the "no signal" message.Also if i unplug and plug the display cable from the console the monitor turns on,(you know ,it make that tic tac sound) and then goes to "sleep" mode again.

If any1 has any advice i would be greatfull.

p.s. The vga box has a tv/vga switch and i ve tried both modes.Display wont depic anything but sound seems to be outputed fine
p.s.2 I only use original discs which have the vga compatible icon on the back of it's cases.

Thank s for your time

Soldato
Are you sure that the VGA box is not broken? I assume you have tried the monitor with your PC as well, just to be sure that it works perfectly?

Try the VGA box with another monitor if possible, sorry thats all I can suggest :(

Man of Honour
Have you ever had the box working at all?

Are there any other switches on it, the one I have (though rubbish), has a switch for S-Video/Composite, and needs the right one to work correctly.

NqR

NqR

Associate
OP
no, i havent been able to make it work.But the sounds works fine so i want to make a few test before i come to the result that it is faulty.

As i mention is has one switch for vga and one for tv.

Associate
I have one and it works ok but i sometimes have to give it a bit of a wiggle where the lead goes in..... its getting on a bit now lol

Hope you get it sorted mate,
:)

Associate
I myself purchased a 3rd party cheapo vga box to play on my lcd flat panel telly, my pants were bulging in anticipation, couldn't get it hooked up fast enough.. only to recieve ' unsupported video mode ' onscreen :/ the manual of my screen says it should do 640x480 in 60hz so it should work? faulty boxes ahoy?

Back
Top Bottom