DREAMCAST YAY!

Associate
I have a two DC,S plus loads of games which i still play now .What a shame it went tooo early in its lifespan ... try ICARUGA out if you want a good arcady shoot em up it really is one of the best ever. no emulation talk please

Caporegime
It's a crime that the Dreamcast died because people opted to wait for the Playstation 2. It was a far superior console and had some of the truly great all-time classic games.

Permabanned
Apparently they've still been making the occasional Dreamcast game for the Japanese market - another one is being released this year I heard :)

It is a shame the console didn't get the success it deserved. Its capabilities are closer to the PS2 than most people probably realise. Dreamcast games aren't as blocky as PS2 games - certainly the earlier PS2 games, some of which used 640x240. Games like Dead or Alive 2, Tokyo Extreme Racer 2 and F355 Challenge are actually superior to their PS2 counterparts.

You can pick up DC consoles for buttons nowadays.. but finding ones which aren't faulty in some way is getting harder. Some of the common faults are easy to fix yourself though. I'd recommend anyone who hasn't tried one to get one now.. even if you only find one great game you like, it'd be worth it :)

Last edited:
Soldato
To anyone who hasn't experienced the DC, nows your chance. The thread starter got an absolute bargain, these things are going for way less than they should be.

Soldato
Chojin said:
I still have mine but the console and controllers have turned yellow from the sunlight. Any tips for restoring them?

I got some window cleaner and a pair of old underpants on my Mega Drive :)p), that's black though.

Soldato
I just tried some obvious things like plastic cleaner but it's still yellow. Looks shocking next to the 360 lol. I think it is the plastic breaking down so paint could be the only option.

Soldato
Chojin said:
I just tried some obvious things like plastic cleaner but it's still yellow. Looks shocking next to the 360 lol. I think it is the plastic breaking down so paint could be the only option.

Neat bleach? or a new controller for about £1 lol

Associate
Chojin said:

You could always convince yourself its a one of a kind special edition yellow :D

Man of Honour
Oooh another top game - Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

I have spent years playing that, a true 2d fighter classic. So over the top :D

It was rereleased on the X-box, but got so low scores because it was the same game. Same dog no new tricks.

And yes, I was one of those Akuma whores ;)

Soldato
Unfortunately the DC controller wasn't particularly great for fighters. To get the best out of games like Marvel vs. Capcom 2 you needed a couple of arcade controllers, though tbh I think X-Men Vs. Street Fighter on the Saturn is a tad better.

Soldato
That is an amazing price - even when compared with other dreamcasts going on the auction site at the moment - well done!

remember to post pics!

fini

Back
Top Bottom