Drinking on school nights

Soldato
Eggs will help soak up the toxins fast and protein will make you feel a little better. Bacon, sausage, egg all nice and greasy. And a banana for potassium.
Plenty of water, asprin to thin the blood (bloodflow in your brain is currently restricted, hence headache), multivitamins, energy drink (reduce swelling of blood vessels in brain with caffiene), powerade (electrolytes).
Tomato juice to drink slowly.
A freezing cold shower will also work wonders, gets the blood flowing and shocks your system. And a crafty tug is a lifesaver too.

Best prevention is next time chug like 6-8 pints of water when you get in (not as hard as it sounds, just use a big jug not a pint glass), have a multivitamin before bed too. Doesn't matter how drunk I get I alway manage to get it done, I know only too well about the "Vomiting if I stand up for more than 20 seconds" hangover.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Eggs will help soak up the toxins fast and protein will make you feel a little better. Bacon, sausage, egg all nice and greasy.
Plenty of water, asprin to thin the blood (bloodflow in your brain is currently restricted, hence headache), multivitamins, energy drink (reduce swelling of blood vessels in brain), powerade (electrolytes).
A freezing cold shower will also work wonders, gets the blood flowing and shocks your system.

You've done this before!

Soldato
I'm glad I don't often get hangovers. Vodka always destroys me with hangovers hence I never drink it, unless there is nothing else. Jack Daniels has never been bad to me, never get hangovers after drinking it.

Don
My old job was fantastic, it was a 7 minute walk from my house, there were 4 of us supporting ~300 in house clients. Our office would absolutely wreak of hangover, we had to leave the window open every day of the year to try and hide our breath.

Now I drive to work, so I don't drink in the week, but my car does :(

I feel loads healthier now mind :)

Go and sleep in the server room for a bit

Soldato
Best prevention is next time chug like 6-8 pints of water when you get in (not as hard as it sounds, just use a big jug not a pint glass), have a multivitamin before bed too. Doesn't matter how drunk I get I alway manage to get it done, I know only too well about the "Vomiting if I stand up for more than 20 seconds" hangover.

This! You need to pre-empt your hangover, drinking lots of water before bed helps so much.

Associate
Drink on a school night fairly often, lost count of the number of times I've said "Seriously guys it's only a quiet one tonight I've got a meeting at 9 tomorrow" to end up in the situation "**** i've gotta get up for work in 4 hours and I'm hanging".

It's all about water before bed to prevent the headache and lots of grease, sugar and carbs to sort the stomach.

Associate
OP
I've got my work xmas do in a couple of weeks, that should be very entertaining. I've been burning bridges like a madman at work :D

Last night basically just consisted of me getting DDOS'd* by one of my friends due to him being steaming drunk. But I just got word he was arrested last night, so karma strikes again.

* the geek way of saying **** blocked. see what I did there?

Soldato
You've done this before!
I drink a lot, it's excusable, I'm young :D

Water is the best way though, I've gone out and gotten so drunk I could hardly stand up (Accidentally ordered too many jagerbombs and decided to drink them anyway). Drank 8 pints of water, multivitamin and the next day woke up fresh as a daisy.

If the inevitable does happen and on the rare occasional I spew (along with all the precious water) I have that cure on hand, up at 10, by about mid day i'm ready for whatever.

Last edited:
Associate
Pint of water before you go to sleep, pint to drink whilst in bed, alcopoop in the morning and then hit the shop for some un-healthy food on the way to work! Thats my proven method!

Associate
OP
you dork :p

Getting up this morning must have been pretty difficult for you? Did you get out of bed like a Sith, or was it more like a Jedi Padawan?

Well I set my alarm then slept right through it, thankfully managed some kind of subconcious wake-up in the nick of time.

As I say I was completely clothed, shoes, jacket, everything. I kind of rose out of bed like a Sith and then stumbled to the door like a Padawan, then rumbled through my flat like a rhino trying to find a shirt that didn't smell. Ah, the life.

I had a greasy mcdonalds breakfast earlier which seems to have sorted me out slightly.

I drink a lot, it's excusable, I'm young :D

Water is the best way though, I've gone out and gotten so drunk I could hardly stand up (Accidentally ordered too many jagerbombs and decided to drink them anyway). Drank 8 pints of water, multivitamin and the next day woke up fresh as a daisy.

If the inevitable does happen and on the rare occasional I spew (along with all the precious water) I have that cure on hand, up at 10, by about mid day i'm ready for whatever.

To be fair I normally remember the water trick, but I was so wrecked last night that it completely flew past me. The first thing I did when I got home was try and play a tune on my keyboard, then stumble on facebook writing stupid things on people's walls. Then I remembered I had company.

EDIT: 1,000th post! What happens now? :confused:

Associate
lucozade is good to get all those electrolytes back for your brain as you loose so much when your weeing all night long lol

Back
Top Bottom