Drinking on school nights

Soldato
Works every time, though i duno how you can manage it at work mate lol.
Toilet cubicle? :D

And it depends where you work, I've drank before work before. Nothing wrong with a cold beer with your breakfast.
I've done an evening shift, drank at a party 5 cans or so, then walked to work, did my shift and came back after :D

Soldato
Have done this several times, albeit with Marines, and getting up to work the next day at 6am was more than horrific.
Sat in class, studying, continually throwing up in my mouth, but having to swallow it, just couldn't keep ANYTHING down, including water. Had ended up throwing up so much I'm sure my bile had turned fluorescent green..
Cue getting knocked off at 4:30pm, only to be told our troop was on rifle cleaning duties for the next 2 hours, needless to say I wasn't best pleased, as I sat there, in the cold, slowly and painfully trying to remove carbon for a rifle hah.

Fun times looking back :D.

Soldato
Best prevention is next time chug like 6-8 pints of water when you get in (not as hard as it sounds, just use a big jug not a pint glass), have a multivitamin before bed too. Doesn't matter how drunk I get I alway manage to get it done, I know only too well about the "Vomiting if I stand up for more than 20 seconds" hangover.

This. My golden rule when drinking.

Match whatever you drank worth of alcohol with the same quantity of water. Never had a hangover.

Associate
I went to the local for a quiet drink last night.
Ended up having 5 pints of Pedi, and work up for work at 6 feeling horrid. I still feel horrid. Seriously, the hangovers do not get any easier, i'm 25 now and 5 pints puts me on a downer the next day.:(

Soldato
I went to the local for a quiet drink last night.
Ended up having 5 pints of Pedi, and work up for work at 6 feeling horrid. I still feel horrid. Seriously, the hangovers do not get any easier, i'm 25 now and 5 pints puts me on a downer the next day.:(

I've got to say, that's quite a poor effort. I don't really get typical headache/throbbing head hangovers just get a bit of a sore stomach and tend to be tired as I get in around 3am-4am in the morning.

As for drinking on a schoolnight, I tend not to as I get up at 7am and it's the 3-4 hours of sleep that wrecks me rather than the alcohol consumption (Although usually when I wake up Im drunk the next day :p).

Last edited:
Permabanned
I was only supposed to go out for 1 or two last night. Turned into a proper session with shots and late night kebabs. Was supposed to get up at 8, i slept through my radio alarm clock, yup, i managed to sleep through a whole hour of Chris Evans without waking up :eek: Eventually woke up at 11 so i just didn't bother with work i've got man flu, which is actually a proper cold, it's had me in bed all day, achy joints, muscles, headache, runny nose, cough, it been building up all week, the booze session has just topped it all of i think :(

Needless to say i decided against going out on the town tonight lol.

Back
Top Bottom