Driven mad by doom 3`s stupidity... help!!

Permabanned
AAAAAAAAARgh!!

ive just installed DooM 3 as ive never tried it on my X1800, the ******* thing wont accept ANY anti aliasing, when ever i turn it on it just knocks it back to 640X480 minimal settings :mad: :mad: :mad:

its driving me nutts :(

Associate
OK here at 2x antiliasing but when I just now pushed it to 8x it put me back to basics (640 x 480). Maybe you pushed your system settings beyond what the game thought it could handle.

I'm also running an 1800xt.

Try letting the menu set the recommended settings and then 'up' it gently from there till you find the limit.

Good luck ;)

Permabanned
OP
Old Wino said:
OK here at 2x antiliasing but when I just now pushed it to 8x it put me back to basics (640 x 480). Maybe you pushed your system settings beyond what the game thought it could handle.

I'm also running an 1800xt.

Try letting the menu set the recommended settings and then 'up' it gently from there till you find the limit.

Good luck ;)

limit ?!! limit ?!!!! its an X1800XT 512mb GDDR 3... for doom 3, there is no limit lol, :) my point is with an X1800XT you should be able to rum it on maximum settings, hell my old GTO2 gave me more than what i could set here... :(

it has to be a problem with DooM 3, maybe it doesnt like the X1800 range or something stupid like that :(

willthepirate said:
haha arent computers a bitch man,

anyways when u get it running pick up the expansion its sick

had it, finished it, shelved it. im just reinstalling and playing from scratch as i only had a 9800pro when i played it last time :(

Soldato
locutus12 said:
it has to be a problem with DooM 3, maybe it doesnt like the X1800 range or something stupid like that :(

Wasn't the X1800 released after Doom3 came out? In which case why would you expect it to know precisely what it is?

Permabanned
OP
Garp said:
Wasn't the X1800 released after Doom3 came out? In which case why would you expect it to know precisely what it is?

EDIT:reply removed as even though it was a daft question... i was a dick for making such a harsh post...

Last edited:
Associate
I saw the first question as rhetorical and the second in reply to the statement about Doom 3 not liking your card i.e. it hasn't been tested.

You have to expect sometimes that your postings may have multiple interpretations.

Or maybe I'm just a troll too.

Good luck with getting your card working.

Permabanned
OP
NotJimNot said:
I saw the first question as rhetorical and the second in reply to the statement about Doom 3 not liking your card i.e. it hasn't been tested.

You have to expect sometimes that your postings may have multiple interpretations.

Or maybe I'm just a troll too.

Good luck with getting your card working.

no, your not a troll, in fact neither of you are... whilst his question was a little daft, my response was the equivelant of picking a lock with a hand grenade...

this my friends is caused by a distinct lack of nicotene in the blood and may continue for the next few days... if you find your head taken off in the litteral sence, please be patient, pick it up... and remind me that the cravings will diminish over the next few days.

Permabanned
OP
m3csl2004 said:
i was gonna post a huge pack of cigarettes but thought it to be a bad move - keep up the good work mate :)

what drivers have you tried?

6.1`s to 6.5`s and omega 6.3... ive also lost about 1000 3d 05 points somewhere :confused:

im forcing doom 3 to run 8X AA from CCC but id much rather it did it itself as as to be quite honest rear end sexual intercourse with a male donkey is preferable to long term usage of CCC ...

Back
Top Bottom