1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

driver issue? shimmering textures?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by fragster, 2 Feb 2006.

1. fragster

Gangster

I have the Forceware 81.98 drivers installed on my 7800GT (slightly overclocked)

When running 3DMark I noticed one the airship demo the tops of the mountains look like they're shimmering, or something is going on with the textures.

This also happens on tanks and vehicles in BF2.

Is this a driver issue? If so, what would be the best drivers to upgrade to?

Thanks for any help

Dave

2. fragster

Gangster

would just like to add that this was happening before I started overclocking it.

3. GuruJockStrap

Sgarrista

Set the Image Quality Slider in the Nvidia Control Panel to High Quality.

4. Van_Dammesque

Wise Guy

Use nHancer or install Rivatuner and set LOD Bias to 0.375 (ish) and this will also help with shimmering.

5. Gaverick

Wise Guy

I had the same problem but more severe with my ATI X850XT PE, the whole ground looked black because of so many flashing textures, i suspected a hardware fault so i requested an RMA, the card is currently with OCUK waiting for news on their testing results.

6. fragster

Gangster

I may be being thick here, but I can only see a slider for System Performance (under Performance and Quality Settings), is this the one you mean?

Cheers

Dave