Driving in France anything specific i need to know?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I've just had a quick check, and have found that the hivis jackets must comply with some or other euro law. Anyone got a link to some jackets that meet the requirements?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Do the French police really pull you over and fine you if you haven't got a jacket?
You need one by law in Belgium, but I doubt anybody carries them, and if they do they'll be shoved in with the spare wheel, like mine..

The only people that visibly carry them in the car are OAPs.

As for your question, as long as it's yellow and has some reflective strips on it I don't really think it makes a difference.

Associate
Don't even try and speed, the Gendarmerie jump out of bushes with speed guns - they will go to great lengths to ensure you don't see them.

Then they will give you a great big fine.

Associate
Don't even try and speed, the Gendarmerie jump out of bushes with speed guns - they will go to great lengths to ensure you don't see them.

Then they will give you a great big fine.

So true, much worse last time is was there too! 1st time i got done and have driven ever year there for the last 4 or 5 years.

Last edited:
Soldato
I read it some ware a few years ago that if you get caught speeding in frogsville, you get points on your licence.

But I can be sure

My parents have a house in the middle of France and they get caught in the van quite often coming home (three times I think). My dad's convinced they wait for British number plates because when they catch you it's just an on the spot fine and nothing else. You cough up and you're on your way. They've been zapped a couple of times when they're in the middle of a line of otherwise French traffic.

Back
Top Bottom