Driving Laws!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I cant actually believe some of you guys didnt know about this new legislation. Its been all over the news here?

Man of Honour
I heard they were thinking of introducing a crazy scheme whereby after passing your test you have to put a big red "R" plate up in your car and you're not allowed to exceed 45mph for your entire first year of driving no matter what age you are...even on the motorway.

Oh wait...

Associate
Well funny as this thread has been.....

Here's what I understand the proposals to be.

No test untill 18. Lessons on a provisional can begin at 17. You will have to complete a minimum number of hours instruction with an ADI who will certify the hours then when your ready for test the ADI will complete certification and off you go for test.

As for Curfews, maximum passengers or engine sizes we'll have to wait and see.

The DSA/DofT report is due to be published anytime now and as to when the new laws become active depends on the government putting them through parliament.

Soldato
Damn, I'm gonna have to sell my 2L waftmobile and buy a Corsa? Oh well. I'm gonna go take a look at a vaux dealership at lunchtime and see if any of them take my fancy. Does anyone know what their finance packages are like for their brand new cars?

Soldato
It's a few idiots who can't drive that ruin it, i've always thought the age should be 16 personally.
Cause you know what this means don't you, more nobs on mopeds and 125's scattered accross our road, think how much more dangerous it's going to be seeing some of these fools with bikes and peds.

Last edited:
Soldato
ok reading through this im getting seriously confused i need to know if this affect me? i'm currently 20, 21 on may 28th next year, i currently drive a fiesta 1.6L xr2i, am i gonna have to stop driving it from january onwards then? i passed just over a year ago now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom