Driving Test Tomorrow (Tuesday)

Associate
OP
So hacked off.

Got a major for doing around 45-50 on a national speed limit 'countryside-ish' single carriageway as there were a couple of slight turns. There were no barriers splitting the lane, and it is exactly like driving on a countryside road with slight bends. I told her, I felt it wasn't safe to go any faster, but she said that alone was enough to fail me. My instructor started beefing with her...I can't believe it failed me.

Got another one when approaching a traffic light, checked all mirrors and put my foot on top of the brake pedal ready to stop, and as I was literally 1 metre away, it turned amber. I thought to stop but it would have been too dangerous as I was doing 25, plus there was a car right behind me. I told the woman it would have been dangerous to stop, but she said I could have approached it better - I told her my foot was on the brake pedal ready, but she was having none of it. I argued it with her, but no luck. I told my instructor what happened, and he said the traffic light wouldn't have even got me a minor....I'm so hacked off right now.

My instructor said, she didn't want to fail me for the first major only, and that she marked the traffic light down as a major so it makes the fail look more accurate.

As for minors, I got 5 of them. But thinking of it, if I had went 5-10 MPH faster on the single carriageway, I should have passed.

Oh well.

Soldato
What so she expected you to go faster on the NSL road? Were you holding traffic up or anything, from the sounds of it they want more accidents! Madness, hope i dont get an examiner like that!

OT:Not from Newcastle are you?

Soldato
:(

Really sorry to hear that mate.

Sometimes you just get a **** of an examiner. They always do that 2 majors thing so if you argue one they can still nail you for the other.

But other than the speed thing, how did you feel while taking the test? If you put right back in for another now, you could pass in 2 weeks with no extra lessons.

Don't let it get you down.

Associate
OP
My overall driving was fine, no nerves at all, and I done everything with no problems (apart from above). Re-booked for March, but I'm going to ring everyday for cancellation dates. My instructor said he was 99% sure I would have passed. In theory it was 1 major for going too slowly (should have got away with it), but as my general driving is safe and good, I'm confident for the next run.

Soldato
Put in a complaint against the examiner, if they get enough of them they get sacked, a friend of mine did that and her instructer backed her up, turned out the guy had quite a few complaints and soon got sacked

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Failed for driving slow!!! Whats the world coming to? Your suposed to drive to what u think is safe and what the conditions permit. Your examiner must be at that time of the month or somthing

Permabanned
We can't judge, was wasn't there to estimate what speed you could safely travel at.

Lots of factors, road condition, weather, visibility, width of the lane, traffic etc etc

Associate
Well i cant pass judgment as i dont know the condisions of the read or what the corners were like but my instructor told me to, as much as possible stick to the speed limit dont sit under it, If you can sit at 25 you can easilly sit at 30.

Back
Top Bottom