Driving Test Tomorrow (Tuesday)

Associate
lol she must have been a bit of a gilr racer wanting u to do 60 threw the turns ;) nah but thats aTotal gutter m8 :( :( mind the 1st time i took my test i had an abs Muppet of a examiner marked me down for some very silly things !!!

Soldato
lowcostinks said:
passing your test these days is so hard i was lucky to pass first time. all i did was speak to the guy for the whole 50mins :) hehe
Swings and roundabouts. Whilst, if the details given are accurate, this example seems rather harsh, I've seen people get minors for what I'm certain would have been a fail back when I took my "old style" test in the 80s.

Associate
OP
Thanks robmiller for your helpful advise. :) Can I ask, whether you're a driving instructor yourself? I know the above is general stuff which we should already know, but the way you explained it was very...textbook style (in a good way). :p

Associate
Mackass said:
What is this "make progress" thing? I know I got marked for that, but what exactly is it?
You know when the bingo club has a garla night and the road gets clogged with Nissan micras? Well its the oposite of that.

And you know when you see other cars on the road at 7:15 in the morning, especially the vans in white? Well they are doing whats called 'making progress'.

Soldato
Mackass said:
Thanks robmiller for your helpful advise. :) Can I ask, whether you're a driving instructor yourself? I know the above is general stuff which we should already know, but the way you explained it was very...textbook style (in a good way). :p

I only passed my test a few months ago, it's still in my head from when my instructor drilled it there :)

Permabanned
I failed once for not making progress, didnt go down a 2lane town road with parked cars on my side an ****-off busses piling up the other side! These days its progress thats emphasised, and thats no bad thing, whilst on occasion itll lead to an accident, you'll notice that most people you sit behind silently cursing are not recent passees. Now obviously theres degree of boy racer in this, i mean young people are hardly notorious for slow driving, however when we are 40 something and older i would hope that we are comfortable with driving at or near limits without exceeding them (much :)) and that our kids and their kids and the kids of those kids can be involved in motor accidents worthy of spectatorship! Or at least not get stuck behind another generation of "miss daisys"

Back
Top Bottom