Driving walking wearing gloves

Tea Drinker
Don
Now the temperature is falling my pinkies are cold first thing in the morning. I'm looking for a set of driving, walking and general keeping my hands warm gloves.

Would prefer to be able to jab the touchscreen in the car and would prefer not to have an inner layer.

Must be available in man xxl size. The more hipster the better.

Any suggestions

Man of Honour
I'd recommend trying to find something with thinsulate - well personally I find it good for keeping my hands at a comfortable temperature (ranging from when it isn't really cold through to well below 0) without a lot of additional bulk. (Though some items have thinsulate in the product description and don't actually have the real thing :( ).

EDIT: Reminds me actually last winter I didn't have touch screen gloves and ended up having to use my phone a fair bit outdoors - might have a browse for some new gloves.

Caporegime
Now the temperature is falling my pinkies are cold first thing in the morning. I'm looking for a set of driving, walking and general keeping my hands warm gloves.

Would prefer to be able to jab the touchscreen in the car and would prefer not to have an inner layer.

Must be available in man xxl size. The more hipster the better.

Any suggestions

Do they need to look subtle?

If not some mountainbike/motocross/'short motorcycle gloves work great. Windproof, can be waterproof, last forever and added advantage of knuckle dusters.

For subtleish John doe make some gloves but expensive and your paying for protection you won't really use....Unless you like grabbing running power Sanders business end on the weekend

Some nice ones.

http://uniongaragenyc.com/journal/product-review/seven-ways-to-give-winter-the-finger/

Man of Honour
I bought some gloves for hiking from Decathlon recently. They are fairly thin and stretchy and have little things on the index finger and thumb so you can still use a phone.

Soldato
Last edited:
Don
Now don't laugh, but for the autumn / spring months where you don't need below zero, look at something like builders / precision gloves.

They are flexible, you can still use touch screens and best of all they are very cheap.

I have a pair of these for general use and they work well as driving gloves, as no risk of the wheel slipping through your hands:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/site-ult...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CN-dq_P6kd4CFdinGwod_WAAQw

Associate
Now don't laugh, but for the autumn / spring months where you don't need below zero, look at something like builders / precision gloves.

They are flexible, you can still use touch screens and best of all they are very cheap.

I have a pair of these for general use and they work well as driving gloves, as no risk of the wheel slipping through your hands:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/site-ult...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CN-dq_P6kd4CFdinGwod_WAAQw

I was helping my brother put some windows in the other week and had a pair of those gloves on. I was pleasantly surprised when I realised I could use my phone with them on. Not sure I'd wear them otherwise though :p

Soldato
Gloves make you gay? That's news to me O_o

I would take a look at gloves designed for cycling macca. I have the exact same requirements as you, I want gloves which are good enough to keep my hands warm, but which aren't too bulky and can be kept on while driving and still grip the controls. Most cycling gloves tend to be quite thin but come with nice grippy palms/fingers, and often have touchscreen capability.

Soldato
If you want to drive wearing them, better to avoid anything with a fabric outer which will reduce your grip on the wheel.

How do you feel about leather outer? Too stalker-ish? If not, there's plenty of choice for them on Amazon, some with touchscreen compatible fingertips. They tend to be less bulky than fabric equivalents too.

Permabanned
Fingerless mittens. Bring `em back and set a trend...
steptoe.jpg

Back
Top Bottom