1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS lite - cracking at the hinge

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by ojste, 27 Jul 2006.

1. ojste

Mobster

Ive had my DS lite since uk launch and have noticed a crack at the hinge like shown here at ign: http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/721/721201p1.html

pic of the crack on my ds:

[​IMG]

apparantly nintendo have acknowleged this problem and will be replacing ds lites with this problem for free.. more info with google search http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=+ds++lite++crack++hinge&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

so do you reckon ill be able to walk in to GAME (bought it from there) and get a straight swop? or will i have to send back to nintendo.. wanting to hear if any other people have had experience with this.

i have treated my ds with alot of care, have not taken it out anywhere and everything else is in perfect condition, and the crack was definitely not cause by any sort of drop.

and dont tell me to ignore it and just keep it :p, especially when its a fault at nintendo's end to do with over tightening the hinge

edit: added pic

Last edited: 27 Jul 2006
  2. R^T

Wise Guy

I would try game mate.

And if not then just get in contact with nintendo.

Think game should replace it.

Let us know how it goes.

3. Nuclearbaggins

Hitman

4. BurningHorizons

Wise Guy

When I got mine from Game the bloke said it came with a 1 year warranty, but that you could return direct to Game rather than Nintendo.
    BH

Last edited: 27 Jul 2006
  5. james.miller

Capodecina

looks like a manufacturing error, that. good of them to offer a straight eplacment for it:)

6. Energize

Caporegime

Apparently it only happens on the white ones, not sure how true that is though.

7. Haly

Woman of Honour

Just noticed it on mine. Pity it's a Japanese one I bought second hand, so hope it doesn't wreck it in some way after a while :o