DS:SP...

Man of Honour
Sic said:
fake2gc.jpg

Ew, hope not. Would be very flimsy and would easily break.

Associate
(IMO) They should take out the GBA port - it's good for backwards compatibility but it'll save a lot of space - maybe for an SD card slot and a built in Play Yan? They should also try to make the top and bottom mesh properly so it looks nicer when closed.

Nintendo are very clever doing this now - they've realised that people actually like the DS way over the PSP in Japan, and now they can win over even more people by making it look good.

Man of Honour
Fillado said:
(IMO) They should take out the GBA port - it's good for backwards compatibility but it'll save a lot of space - maybe for an SD card slot and a built in Play Yan?

The GBA port can also be used as an expansion port so that's a bad idea.

Soldato
Interesting. If they manage to fix the awful ergonomics of the current DS, I'll most certainly trade in to get the new one. I can see it being a challenge to balance the shape of the DS with a comfortable styling though, since it needs a fairly square shape for the clamshell style. Still, I hope for better buttons and proper rounded sides at the very least.

Moonpie2 said:
Will the revolution detect the new DS as a freestyle controller/pointer ??
I thought they were always planning to have the DS function as a Rev controller, using the wireless feature? :confused:

Soldato
Hmmm, possibly, but I wouldn't have thought so. If they added the tilt stuff to the new DS, then it would be a bit of a waste not to use it in any games, but then you leave the old DS unable to play the new games. I can't see it being any more than a redesign of the current system myself, much like the GBA SP. :)

Soldato
Nintendo Comments on Redesign Rumors

"Clearly, Nintendo DS continues to be one of the most popular and talked-about video game systems available," said a Nintendo of America representative this morning. "Through 2005, some 13 million units have sold worldwide. Nintendo is always looking for ways to improve its games and systems, but we have nothing to announce at this time."
http://ds.ign.com/articles/681/681200p1.html

Associate
Would it likely to be a worldwide release if they bring out a new design or will it be released in Asia first? I am looking to buy one but am tempted to hang on a few more weeks to see if a new design becomes available.

Soldato
I can see the design, if it happens, being something that makes the DS look more like a fancy gadget, like what the PSP does.
If the redesign makes the DS easyier to hold without aches i'll probably rebuy, eventually. All too many times, extended MarioKartDS sessions leave certain parts of my hands aching due to the design of the DS.

Back
Top Bottom