DS Thread

Associate
What are the graphics like on the DS? I understand that some games will look better than others but in general how good do the games look?

Associate
bigdunc said:
What are the graphics like on the DS? I understand that some games will look better than others but in general how good do the games look?

I would say they look a step up from N64 (some games like Mario Kart and Metroid edge closer to GC graphics) but no texture filtering. This results in games like Mario 64 looking a lot crisper and nicer than their N64 counterparts, but with some PS1 style 'blocking' on the textures.

Associate
I too just purchased a DS yesterday after much consideration and I must say it's been a long time since I was this excited about a console! There's just so many games on it that I want to play.

The main reason I purchased it was to play Mario Kart but I knew there were several other great games on the machine, I just wasn't aware of how many. I purchased the Mario Kart pak along with Sonic Rush, then went out and bought Advance Wars: Dual Strike and Castlevania: Dawn Of Sorrow today. I've also just ordered Trauma Center and Animal Crossing just now too.

I think this is probably the best time to buy the DS - there are many great games available, many more just on the verge of coming out or already out on import, and it has so much support (especially in Japan, where I just read that 8 of the top 10 games in the all-format charts are DS titles), that it is sure to have a long future ahead of it.

Soldato
Just bought myself a DS today on some random spur of the moment buying madness. Got the Mario Kart DS pack with Sonic Rush thrown in too. Just had a quick blast of Mario Kart here at work and I must say it's great! Takes me back to when I got it for the SNES heh.

Associate
bought my girlfriend 1 of these a few days back, got sonic, mario, mario kart, need for spped and nintendogs, i must say it is quite nice to play. she is hooked on that dogs game, personaly it bores the carp outa me

Commissario
I love my DS, as do my nephews one of whom owns a DS himself, and the other who owns a PSP but is often borrowing a DS ;)

I got one originally partly because it was cheaper than the PSP, but mainly because I wanted Mario Kart on it, and needed something I could play whilst waiting for people (i'm the family taxi;)).

My one wish for a game for it, is a remake of the original SNES mario kart, as I loved that game and it's tracks

Man of Honour
Werewolf said:
My one wish for a game for it, is a remake of the original SNES mario kart, as I loved that game and it's tracks

Get mario kart super circuit for the GBA and bung that in your DS. All SNES tracks plus the same number of new ones. Some of the new ones are fantastic.

Soldato
Why has no one mentioned Ouendan ??
EVERYONE should play Ouendan.
(Google it if you've not heard)

Will probably never get released here though so best to Ebay it :)

Its the game that persuaded me to get a DS all those many joyful months ago.

Associate
I'm wanting to buy a DS but with the rumours of a new model I have been holding off. Quite a few times I have had my finger over the buy button on a couple of sites but have been able to stop myself. I just hope they unveil it soon and give a european release date.

Soldato
DDave said:
I'm wanting to buy a DS but with the rumours of a new model I have been holding off. Quite a few times I have had my finger over the buy button on a couple of sites but have been able to stop myself. I just hope they unveil it soon and give a european release date.

I figured I'd be able to get most of my money back on ebay if they release a new version so I'm not too bothered. I hope they do release a new version with bigger, better spaced out buttons. It's not designed for people with shovel like hands like me.

Soldato
this might sound like such a noob questions, but to play the DS online do u need to buy the USB dongle thingy?
and also does that come with the mario kart pack??
i am thinking about getting one again since i sold my last one (although she aint happy at the prospect, but when is she ever :p)

Soldato
kreeeee said:
Mine's an import from a UK retailer.

its been out since november I think in the UK definitely before christmas its just really hard to find.

jumpurs: Any wireless router wil do, I believe you can use a normal wireless card if you make a bridge or something their are details on the web. The dongle does not come in the pack.

Back
Top Bottom