dual 8 pin power supplies

Associate
hello there the forum am wanting to locate a dual 24 pin power supply or a list of them but google only throws up adaptors not actual power supplies i am looking because i want to purchase an asus rog zenith extreme alpha to future proof as i will originally be using a 1050x with possible upgrades to 2nd or 3rd series thread ripper

Man of Honour
I can't say that I have ever seen a dual 24 pin psu. Don't you mean dual 8 pin psu as the board you mention only has a single 24 pin socket but a pair of 8 pin sockets? The one above is no good as it only has a single 8 pin lead but the all of these below have a pair of 8 pin leads. All are quality psu's with long warranties ranging from 7 years (Superflower) to 12 years (Phanteks). The rest have 10 year warranties.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Associate
OP
I can't say that I have ever seen a dual 24 pin psu. Don't you mean dual 8 pin psu as the board you mention only has a single 24 pin socket but a pair of 8 pin sockets? The one above is no good as it only has a single 8 pin lead but the all of these below have a pair of 8 pin leads. All are quality psu's with long warranties ranging from 7 years (Superflower) to 12 years (Phanteks). The rest have 10 year warranties.

yes my bad in the title...and thanks for the list of PSU's this forum is amazing...love it...:p:D;)

Soldato
thank you,was actually looking for something a little beefier as i will be adding dual 1080ti's in Sli,(TBH only for aeshtetic reasons got them for the same price as a 2018ti...LOL),
Are you doing some GPU utilizing compute stuff ?
Because for gaming multiple GPUs are now basically drifting dead in water.

Associate
OP
Are you doing some GPU utilizing compute stuff ?
Because for gaming multiple GPUs are now basically drifting dead in water.

as i said it's mostly for aesthetic reasons i had the chance to pick up two back when they were scarce for very decent prices so thought why not

Man of Honour
thank you,was actually looking for something a little beefier as i will be adding dual 1080ti's in Sli,(TBH only for aeshtetic reasons got them for the same price as a 2018ti...LOL),

In that case forget the 850w units as each 1080ti is capable of pulling 300w by itself, more if overclocking. Here are 1000w versions. Warranties are the same as before, 7-12 years with Superflower being the shortest and Phanteks/Seasonic Prime being the longest. The rest are 10 years.

With AM4 being quite a power hungry platform you may even want to cover all possibilities by going for a 1200w psu.

Last edited:
Soldato
hello there the forum am wanting to locate...
...Some punctuation, like full stops and maybe some capital letters while you're at it? ;) It makes it so much easier to read when you use them.

As PastyM has said, much better to get a 1000W. PSU's are most efficient when using ~50% of their total power. I have the Corsair RM1000x but any of the ones listed will do a good job.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom