dual CPU cooler fans- which headers to use?

Soldato
Just installed Noctua nh-14s with two fans but the box didn't come with y-splitter. Can I run one fan off cpu-fan (pwm) header and one off pump-fan header (also pwm) or do they both need to share the same header? Shouldn't be a current issue combining them, just I don't have the splitter cable and don't want the delay of ordering one if it's not necessary.

Mobo is MSi x570 Ace.
Front fan noctua nf-a15
back fan akasa viper-r ak-fn073

Soldato
There's no problem running off separate headers. It's probably best to set them to the same fan curve to avoid weird effects if they're running at different speeds.

Associate
As above, they'll run at different speeds as they'll be based off different temps but they'll work.

I'd still recommend getting a splitter so it's hassle free in future.

Soldato
OP
You can do that, or buy a simple PWM fan splitter like linked below so both have same control. You dont' need both fans running. Single fan cools withing 1-3c of 2 fans, so no big deal if you order a splitter.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-ek-cable-y-splitter-2-fan-pwm-10cm-wc-551-ek.html
Thanks :) that is exactly what I ordered yesterday and should be arriving later today :)

It worked ok off the pump header once I adjusted the fan profile to link to the cpu sensor.

Back
Top Bottom