Dual Monitor Setup for RTX 3060Ti

Soldato
Hi all,

I finally have all the parts sorted for my PC build. Now I need to sort out monitors to get the best out of my 3060 Ti.

I can keep up with most component talk but I'm not up to speed with monitors just yet.

Can anyone advise the sweet spot for two cost-effective, decent quality monitors that will handle the best my new 3060 Ti GPU throws at them?

Note: The primary use of this PC is for CAD (Autodesk Inventor) and MS Office. It may occasionally be used for light-ish gaming like Factorio, Frostpunk and probably Satisfactory at some point.

Thanks in advance.

Permabanned
I find it most cost effective to buy one expensive monitor and a second cheaper one, because each monitor has a different purpose. Would you want that or would you want the two monitors to be the same?

Soldato
OP
I find it most cost effective to buy one expensive monitor and a second cheaper one, because each monitor has a different purpose. Would you want that or would you want the two monitors to be the same?

It all depends if it looks smart or not. I would struggle with uneven heights, mismatched stands or colour/brightness differences. These things bother me too much. For example it annoys me at the moment having my laptop next to a bigger monitor.

I was thinking two 27" monitors but I could save some money going smaller. The laptop screen is too small, but the monitor I have at 23.8" is OK. Unfortunately it's just a cheapo monitor and won't reflect the GPU quality.

Two monitors or one untrawide?

Would one ultrawide not cost more than two? If there's a super decent program to tile my windows how I like, that may work. I do like to use one full monitor for my CAD program though and split the other for documents, browsers and other stuff.

Permabanned
It all depends if it looks smart or not. I would struggle with uneven heights, mismatched stands or colour/brightness differences. These things bother me too much. For example it annoys me at the moment having my laptop next to a bigger monitor.

I was thinking two 27" monitors but I could save some money going smaller. The laptop screen is too small, but the monitor I have at 23.8" is OK. Unfortunately it's just a cheapo monitor and won't reflect the GPU quality.

Would one ultrawide not cost more than two? If there's a super decent program to tile my windows how I like, that may work. I do like to use one full monitor for my CAD program though and split the other for documents, browsers and other stuff.

I have a UW for general use but then a small monitor to one side for everything else while I am playing mmo's! Once you get to UW I think anything other than a small secondary monitor just takes up too much space. I actually have a 38" and a 29" at the moment but I am up for reducing the 29" to 24" !! But everyone is different. Thing is that if you are bothered by different sizes then perhaps you would be bothered by different makes that will have different surrounds too ( the stand you can probably use from one of your old monitors so they match? )

Associate
I use 2 27inch 1440p screens for autocad 2021 and it works great.I put all the breakout boxes on one screen so it doesn’t cover my drawings and keeps the working screen uncluttered. I have 2 eizo screens but any 2 decent quality screens would be great. Look for a Matt screen surface to remove reflections.

Soldato
OP
I use 2 27inch 1440p screens for autocad 2021 and it works great.I put all the breakout boxes on one screen so it doesn’t cover my drawings and keeps the working screen uncluttered. I have 2 eizo screens but any 2 decent quality screens would be great. Look for a Matt screen surface to remove reflections.

This sounds like my style. Am I right in thinking that QHD are 1440p screens and will get the most out of a 3060 Ti?

Soldato
OP
I think 1440p would be a good enough upgrade from what I'm used to. I think two 27" monitors would be more than enough

Associate
Looks good and well within budget.
75Hz and 4ms good enough? I'd think so but I have a habit of being sucked into the mindset of "I'll just have a look at the next model up". This goes on for a while ha!

75Hz and 4ms would be fine for your type of gaming. I play those slow (turn based RPGs etc) games on my 32'' 4k that is 60Hz and 4ms, and leave faster games (WoW) for the 34'' 1440p that is 144Hz 1ms

Back
Top Bottom